Boot-132 custom disk problem

TheHarbinger

1 post in this topic

I'm attempting to use the IOATAFamily driver found in this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=629777 on a Boot-132 disk for my MPC T3100 laptop. I'm using a Leopard 10.5.0 install DVD. Before extracting the kext and placing it in my Extra/Extensions folder on the Boot-132 disk, I'd get the "Still waiting on root device" error. With this installed, I'm now getting this error:

23IOATABlockStorageDevice is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOBlockStorageDevice superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.Apple.iokit.IOATABlockStorage.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleATADisk Driver"

Then I get a two-line message saying it "got boot device" with the disk and partition info I stated in my -rd=disk0s0" I stated at boot time. After sitting for a few moments the DVD drive starts reading, then the system reboots.

I'm also using the following kext files on the Boot-132 disk: AppleAC97Audio, AppleACPIPlatform, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2COntroller, ATIRadeon 9700, and IOPCMCIAFamily.

The T3100 has a SATA controller, based on the Intel 82801FMB (ICH7...?). The BIOS settings are limited, showing only that the hard drive is the first IDE device and the DVD-ROM is the second. I've checked the info.plist file inside the IOATAFamily driver, and the chip's device number (0x26538086) is supported.

I'm obviously missing something here...could someone point me in the right direction?