Shutdown and Optical Drive problems

saitsan

4 posts in this topic

Hi, after two weeks of research on how to make a hackintosh, yesterday I finally achieved my 10.5.6. But I have some problems:

I used iPc 10.5.6. Made a clean install, from the package list I chose:

MacbookPro Nvidia latest kexts,

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers,

ALC889A Audio,

Realtek R1000 Ethernet,

Patched USB Drivers.

Before installation, I only changed AHCI Enabled from the bios. Don't know if it changed anything.

I made my 9600gt recognized. No problem there. Audio, ethernet, everyhing works fine. RAM, CPU Ok! But:

1- Two IDE Optical Drives are non-recognized.

2- If I shut down or restart, screen goes black, but the cpu, graphics card fan, etc still works. I have to turn it manually.

How can I solve this? Thanks.

Hi, after two weeks of research on how to make a hackintosh, yesterday I finally achieved my 10.5.6. But I have some problems:

I used iPc 10.5.6. Made a clean install, from the package list I chose:

MacbookPro Nvidia latest kexts,

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers,

ALC889A Audio,

Realtek R1000 Ethernet,

Patched USB Drivers.

Before installation, I only changed AHCI Enabled from the bios. Don't know if it changed anything.

I made my 9600gt recognized. No problem there. Audio, ethernet, everyhing works fine. RAM, CPU Ok! But:

1- Two IDE Optical Drives are non-recognized.

2- If I shut down or restart, screen goes black, but the cpu, graphics card fan, etc still works. I have to turn it manually.

How can I solve this? Thanks.

I have a similar board (the EP45-DS3R). Ensure you update the Jmicron.kext (google the installation forum) Then reboot with a '-v -f' (verbose and flush to rebuild the extension cache. Then your IDE opticals should be recognized. Word of warning though: I've always had issues with the IDE drives - JMICRON controller kext has had, in my experience, a myriad of hiccups and non-documented features with it.

It works, but don't be surprised if your system becomes unstable after burning a disk, or wont software eject after a mount.

As for the Sleep/Shutdown issue, search for SL8's driver Sleep/Wake kext and ensure you have the 9.4 kernel or at lease a stable 9.2 kernel ToH kernel that supports sleep.

Best of luck.

S_L

I have a similar board (the EP45-DS3R). Ensure you update the Jmicron.kext (google the installation forum) Then reboot with a '-v -f' (verbose and flush to rebuild the extension cache. Then your IDE opticals should be recognized. Word of warning though: I've always had issues with the IDE drives - JMICRON controller kext has had, in my experience, a myriad of hiccups and non-documented features with it.

It works, but don't be surprised if your system becomes unstable after burning a disk, or wont software eject after a mount.

As for the Sleep/Shutdown issue, search for SL8's driver Sleep/Wake kext and ensure you have the 9.4 kernel or at lease a stable 9.2 kernel ToH kernel that supports sleep.

Best of luck.

S_L

Thanks. I want to to this right. So I wanna ask a few questions:

1- Now my Os is running and everything, what is the best way to install these kexts?

a) With kexthelper i select the kext and easy install?

:thumbsup_anim: With OSX86 Tools?

c) Boot with the iPC 10.5.6 DVD and add a tick to these kexts.

2- For the Sleep problem: default kernel installed is 9.6.0 Vanilla. Should I install 9.4 or at least a stable 9.2? There's a shutdown/restart fix in the patches&fixes of the DVD, will it be enough if I install this kext?

3- Should I leave the optical drives alone or should I try your way and expect some unstability? I don't really need the optical drives.

And the most important question is, with X86 tools or Kext Helper, while&after I install the kexts what should I look out for?

Thanks very much...

I installed the CHUD.pkg, poweroff bug fix and processor.prefpane today. Shutdown problem seems to be gone. But the restart problem still continues. Should I install the shutdown/restart fix from the same dvd (10.5.6 ipc) and restart? Or should I just find that pkg or kext and install that?