Atheros AR5007EG kismac method works sometimes?

robbo18

10 posts in this topic

i have a toshiba nb100 laptop with iatkos v5i 10.5.5. i installed the iofamily80211.kext version 2.1. it recognises my card and lists it as airport on but its yellow. i can sometimes use the kismac method to get it to work and other times this method doesnt. i know when it wont work because when i press start scan and the numbers/some appear at the side to show scanning go very slow and when that happens it doesnt find any wifi. other times the method works fine. does anybody have a fix to get this method working flawlessly.

cheers

ps i have searched far and wide for a solution so creating a thread was my last option

danny

i have a toshiba nb100 laptop with iatkos v5i 10.5.5. i installed the iofamily80211.kext version 2.1. it recognises my card and lists it as airport on but its yellow. i can sometimes use the kismac method to get it to work and other times this method doesnt. i know when it wont work because when i press start scan and the numbers/some appear at the side to show scanning go very slow and when that happens it doesnt find any wifi. other times the method works fine. does anybody have a fix to get this method working flawlessly.

cheers

ps i have searched far and wide for a solution so creating a thread was my last option

danny

I have exactly the same problem and I couldn't find any fix or something like that...

yh i got it working at times but after a shutdown the card would just die. ive been reading this forum for a while and just thought id ask. maybe its just not ment to be

found out some aditional infomation through linux which may or may not help someone to diagnose the problem

the card is an :

Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c]

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are having the same problem face by me. Sometimes, it works when signal is detected but sensitivity to signal is too poor as compared to windows or linux. You have to be nearer the access point. But you never know when your osx will detect signal.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Same problem also i use kismac ver:0.2.99 and i follow all the thread in this forum

1.start kismac

2.delete driver and add again passive mode

3.scan wifi ......somtimes is found wifi network.

4.open airport icon and select wifi

But in 80% is not working :(

I also use

rm -f /System/Lybrary/Extensions.kext*

and reboot

but with no success....

somebody have any hint ....my device ID : AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x428) as in system profile

original sistem id : 168C:001C

The Kismac not showing networks issue...

Well, I have the same problem on my Acer Aspire One, been posting, reading, trying... No luck, my wlan works one time after 30 shutdowns and reboot... I tried all the tricks, kext, methods, even different kernels...

If someone has some advice we will apreciate.

EDIT: seems that shutdown (completely), reboot and removing and adding the driver in Kismac (r319 build, as recommended in lots of postings out there) gets you a little more chances of success on my Acer Aspire One. No mkext deletion or permissions fixed needed. But again, this seems to work very randomly.

• 3 weeks later...

seems to work, more than 50 % if i use delete mkext cache and shutdown wait a liile then start.

After this is working well.

The Kismac not showing networks issue...

Well, I have the same problem on my Acer Aspire One, been posting, reading, trying... No luck, my wlan works one time after 30 shutdowns and reboot... I tried all the tricks, kext, methods, even different kernels...

If someone has some advice we will apreciate.

EDIT: seems that shutdown (completely), reboot and removing and adding the driver in Kismac (r319 build, as recommended in lots of postings out there) gets you a little more chances of success on my Acer Aspire One. No mkext deletion or permissions fixed needed. But again, this seems to work very randomly.

• 2 weeks later...

I resolve this after i bought a usb-wirelles MSI US54SE II with ralink chipset wich is good working all the time :wacko:

Have a break....

seems to work, more than 50 % if i use delete mkext cache and shutdown wait a liile then start.

After this is working well.

• 7 months later...

cheers

danny

• 2 weeks later...