PCGenUli526xEthernet-1.0b1 Update! for ALi/ULi 5261 5263 / ALi 1567 onboard LAN

zidagar

5 posts in this topic

Here is version 1.0b1 of orByte's LAN driver for uli526x chips. I've personally tested it on the integrated ALi 1567 LAN, which is a 5263 chip on my ASRock motherboard 939DUAL-SATA2 running 10.5.4. The new driver no longer panics on startup, but lacks performance counters, which are yet to be implemented. Since I haven't found any serious problems with it yet, I'm posting the new driver and source code here for everyone to try.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

PCGenUli526xEthernet_1.0b1.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Mac OS X so I could use some help on this. I have the same motherboard as you but I am running OS X 10.4.8. So I installed PCGenUli526xEthernet_1.0b1 using kext helper (which ran the same commands in terminal I would have used to install the drivers by hand). I also installed the 10.4.7 version of iONetworkingfamily. I ran a repair on my permissions. Reboot and.. nothing, no internet or network connections. When going into the network menu in system preferences the built-in Ethernet is grayed out (it was before I installed anything as well). I'm probably doing something very dumb here and just don't see it. As I said I'm very new to this so any advice or troubleshooting steps would be very helpful.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have installed the kext in my Kalyway 10.5.2 installation on an AsRock AM2XLI eSATA2 wich is similar to your motherboard but with AM2 socket and I'm not getting kernel panics. I don't use ethernet to connect to internet so I can't properly try it, but I have another computer running Win XP / ubuntu and I wonder if I can use it to see if ethernet works.

Thanks for your work

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have just set up Kalyway 10.5.2 with the ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 motherboard and installed your kext to get the onboard lan working. It now recognizes my network and is able to connect, but it at dial up speeds. It is so slow I can not get speedtest.net to load completely in order to get an accurate account of the connection. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this?

Thanks