How did you get your Pavilion(AMD) to run Leopard?

Koskan152

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

There are many people out there(including me) that can't install Leopard 10.5.6 on their Pavilions. So i thought that if you have succed installing mac on your pavilion you could post a guide or some tips here:) I know there are many topics about this but many of them are too old.

First, let see if we can solve the problem "Still waiting for root device"-problem...

My specs:

HP Pavilion dv6560eo

Proc.: AMD Turion 64 X2

Graphic: Nvidia 8400M GS

Chipset: MCP65M

RAM: 2GB DDR

HDD: 250GB ATA

DVD: Mat{censored}a ATA Device

I have tried to install mac for a long time now, but i always have this problem. I have used leo4allv2/v3, kalyway, iatkos, ideneb and iPC 10.5.6 Final but none of them are working with my intrenal HDD.

I where able to install it on my External USB HDD but it was very slow becouse of the low transferspeed to the USB HDD.

However, i want to boot leopard with my internal hdd. Anyone having a nice guide or link that could help us solve this problem?

Hi everyone!

There are many people out there(including me) that can't install Leopard 10.5.6 on their Pavilions. So i thought that if you have succed installing mac on your pavilion you could post a guide or some tips here:) I know there are many topics about this but many of them are too old.

First, let see if we can solve the problem "Still waiting for root device"-problem...

My specs:

HP Pavilion dv6560eo

Proc.: AMD Turion 64 X2

Graphic: Nvidia 8400M GS

Chipset: MCP65M

RAM: 2GB DDR

HDD: 250GB ATA

DVD: Mat{censored}a ATA Device

I have tried to install mac for a long time now, but i always have this problem. I have used leo4allv2/v3, kalyway, iatkos, ideneb and iPC 10.5.6 Final but none of them are working with my intrenal HDD.

I where able to install it on my External USB HDD but it was very slow becouse of the low transferspeed to the USB HDD.

However, i want to boot leopard with my internal hdd. Anyone having a nice guide or link that could help us solve this problem?

I'm in the same boat as you. Leo4allv4.1 had me the furthest, but when I went to use the disk utility, I got an "input/output error"... Ive actually never been able to get past selecting what drive to install on.