10.4.6 Boots In Safe Mode BUT!

Tha_Rappa

6 posts in this topic

I have sucessfully installed mac os 10.4.6 on my Hewlitt Packard pentium D computer. I can boot by hitting -x. My problem is when I boot in normal start up mode. I get the grey mac screen. The little wheel starts spinning. Then I get a black box message telling me that "You need to restart your computer. You can do this by holding down the power button or hitting the reset button." Any ideas how I can get past this or what is causing this? Let me know if anyone needs more info. Thank you for any help in advance.

I am not booting again from the cd. The cd is not even in the drive. Like I said, it gets to the boot screen, then I get a message that I have to restart. This message is also displayed in 3 other languages. It goes to the grey screen, then the screen gets a translucent black screen and then the black box is in the middle. Thank you for your question and responding. I hope someone can figure this out. Obviously I am extremely close to getting this to work.

Here is what I got with a diagnostic start up(-v)

Debugger called: <panic>

Back trace, Format - Frame:Return Address(4 potential args on stack)

(THEN A 4 LINES OF CODES)

Kernal loadable modules in backtrace(with dependencies);

com.apple.driver.Apple HDA(1.1.0a20)@03ac2a000

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOHDA Family

dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.5.6b2)

Kernal Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.4.1:Tue Jan 3 18:23:53 PST 2006

root:xnu-792.7.90obj~1/Release_I386

You can close this thread, I got it to work. I installed the sound patches, and I did not need to. I reinstalled without those boxes checked and it works perfect now. Now I just need it to read my wireless internet card so I can connect to the internet. Then I will be all set. Thanks everyone for your help.