2x160GB sata2

2x500GB sata2

1xAtheros based D-Link wifi

1xPioneer DVD RW etctetc

2xNvidia 8800GTS512

1xSamsung Syncmaster 245Bplus

1xLogitech G5 laser mouse (usb)

1xLogitech keyboard (ps/2)

I tried installing iDeneb and I can select a disk to install iDeneb to, My mouse and keyboard work but after installation iDeneb doesn't work. It does some weird things on boot with the display.

After that I did a custom install, selected NVinject, SSE3 kernel, the appropriate ALC audio driver, Atheros wifi, NForceATA.

With this install my system keeps waiting for some firewire thingy so I figure I need to use the remove firewire fix too?

Is there anything else I need to select on install to get iDeneb working on my pc?

Patrick

btw. I tried creating a raid-0 volume to install iDeneb too but the installer keeps ending up with the fact that after creating the span, there is nothing to install to. It doesn't seem to activate the raid-0. How come?

Hi all,

I've got iDeneb 1.4 and here's my system:

XFX 680iLTsli board

Q6600

4x2Gb PC6400

2x160GB sata2

2x500GB sata2

1xAtheros based D-Link wifi

1xPioneer DVD RW etctetc

2xNvidia 8800GTS512

1xSamsung Syncmaster 245Bplus

1xLogitech G5 laser mouse (usb)

1xLogitech keyboard (ps/2)

I tried installing iDeneb and I can select a disk to install iDeneb to, My mouse and keyboard work but after installation iDeneb doesn't work. It does some weird things on boot with the display.

After that I did a custom install, selected NVinject, SSE3 kernel, the appropriate ALC audio driver, Atheros wifi, NForceATA.

With this install my system keeps waiting for some firewire thingy so I figure I need to use the remove firewire fix too?

Is there anything else I need to select on install to get iDeneb working on my pc?

Patrick

btw. I tried creating a raid-0 volume to install iDeneb too but the installer keeps ending up with the fact that after creating the span, there is nothing to install to. It doesn't seem to activate the raid-0. How come?

Your first issue will probably be the ps/2 keyboard and an USB mouse.......OS X is not designed for PS/2 and is much happier to see a USB keyboard and USB mouse.......

Your second will be BIOS RAID since AFIK OS X does not like fake-hardware RAID via BIOS RAID.......

Your third will be that MOBOs with nVidia chipsets, i.e. nForce chipsets do not generally work well, if at all, with dual nVidia GFX cards............in most, if not all cases, one of the nVidia GFX cards needs to be physically removed.....I am quite happy to be proven wrong on this.....AFIK the 9500 and 9600 are G94 and G96 cards, while the 9800gx2 and the 9800gtx, 8800gt, 8800gts are all G92 cards.......

If your DVDRW is a PATA drive make sure that it is jumpered as Master and connected to end connector not the middle cable connector (if there is a middle connector).....

When you boot from the OS X install DVD, boot with "-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048" excluding quotes......also from the OS X HDD.......until you can install slashack's nForceATA.kext and Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel.....

Initially install OS X without any video, network and audio driver selections in the Customize menu.......they can be installed after you have the basic OS X system running......

When replying to this PM please do so in my Pre-Series 7 thread...... :pirate2: