10.5.6 Leopard Dell Inspiron 9300 17"

Dell9300w/Leo10.5

1 post in this topic

Okay... i have it on my 9300 and i know fluent english... so let me just explain it a little better on installation on a Dell 9300 to the point... all credit goes to javi... and goes to castle... but i just want to make it easier for people... please let me know if this helped you at all!

Okay here goes....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A SEPERATE MONITOR HOOKED UP TO YOUR DVI OUT ON YOUR LAPTOP DO NOT TRY INSTALL UNTIL YOU HAVE THIS!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

!!!!!!!THIS ONLY WORKS WITH DELL 9300 Pentium M with Nvidia GeForce Go 6800!!!!!

!!!!!!! I DID 8 DIFFERENT INSTALLS ON MY DELL 9300(poor hard drive)!!!!!!!!

I did not dual boot only one operating system on my machine 10.5.6 with update capability(its a Depple)

Step 1. CLEAN INSTALL iDENEB V14 ( I partitioned it GUID) Erase all....

Step 2. Customize your install exactly as I write here

PS2 Fix Mouse ONLY!

AC97 Audio

ICHx Fixed Chipset

9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel (great job guys!)

AppleBC440x for Ethernet

Broadcom for wireless....(Go buy a damn broadcom miniPCI for wifi $20, Works f'n great)

Under AppleSMBIOS pick nothing leave them all blank

Under Fixes.... IOUSB Family Fix... Seatbelt Fix...Battery Manager

Under Video....NVDARWIN 256mb don't use NVinjectGO

Applications pick all of em! Why not!

Netbook.... Nothing!!!

Step 3. Install.... (SKIP THE CHECKING OF DRIVE THING SAVE TIME!)

Step 4. With your DVI hooked up you should hear the intro music and see the intro for Leopard in great quality!!!

Enter your info and get to the desktop! Make sure you have your ethernet line plugged in.... Check it out you have Leopard on your monitor... but how do i get it to my laptop where i want it?..... Follow these instructions exactly and you will have no problems at all!!!!

Step 5. Click on the apple in the top left corner of your screen and click Software Update. Update your Software.

Step 6. You will be prompted to restart... you must restart....

Step 7. After you dell boots back up go to Safari and download the file on this link....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xw1dfs

Step 8. once this is downloaded DO NOT INSTALL!!!! CLOSE INSTALL WINDOW...Right Click on the download.... OPEN WITH.... PACIFIST... When Pacifist opens you have to wait a few seconds.... after right click on the package in Pacifist and choose Install to Default Location... Overwrite all when it asks!

Step 9. Once that is done open Applications...Ideneb Tools... and access OSx86 Tools... check Fix Permissions and reset all of the caches

Step 10. DoNot Restart yet... Download NVInstaller V41 from here (rapidshare)

http://Scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20 Remember NVinstaller V41 no others!

Step 11 Once this is done it will autorun VERY IMPORTANT WHAT YOU PICK HERE Check off the following:

Latest Kexts (should be selected for you..if not check it off(its the top one))

256mb Vanilla

Go cards(mobile)GPU (that is just one selection)

Click Install

DO NOT RESTART!!!!!! NOT YET!!!!!!

Step 12 this is where you need to pay very close attention we are doing this on the desktop!

Step 13. Open Finder put it in the pane view(third one from the left i think)

open System

open Library

open Extensions

Scroll down to NVDAResman.kext right click copy it and paste on the desktop

Do the Same to NVDANV40Hal.kext right click copy and paste on the desktop

Step 14. close all finder windows

Step 15 Right click on NVDAResman.kext click on show contents

Step 16 open the contents folder double click on info.plist so that it opens in text editor

scroll down to where you can see the device ids, don't erase any! just add yours in at the end yours is 0x00c810de.

once you have done that close the info.plist and click save.

Do the same for NVDANV40Hal.kext Step 14-16

once that is done....

Step 17. open up finder click on applications... click on iDENEB tools.... kext helper...

Drag both of your edited kexts into the box of kext helper... punch in your password and push the button...

It should say something like everything went well now cross your fingers and reboot.....DO NOT REBOOT YET!!!!! But Cross your fingers ha ha!!!! any ways....

Step 18. Open up Finder Open your Hard drive...System... LIbrary...Extensions...

SCROLL DOWN TO NVDARWIN.kext and Drag it into the trash!!!! Empty the Trash... I like a tidy desktop lol

Step 19 Go back into your OSx86 tools and check off the follow Repair Permissions.... and Clear Extension cache and push the button....

STEP 20 SHUT DOWN YOUR DELL !!!!!NOT RESTART!!!!

Step 21 Unplug your DVI from the laptop

Step 22 Start up your Dell make sure to push F8 to get to the prompt

Step 23 at the prompt -F -V ...(lol i couldn't watchbut if you want to)

Step 24 ENJOY your DEPPLE

PRINT THIS OUT BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!!! DO ALL THE STEPS IN ORDER!!!! FOLLOW MY REBOOT INSTRUCTIONS NOT THE COMPUTERS!!!!!!

Let Me know how your installs go by posting here.....

Once again.... Thank you .Javi and castle and the guys over at Ideneb

I have a fully functional Mac...

although i can't plug in a usb memory card for some reason... oh well GOOD LUCK!

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES AND Length of installs!!!