Vostro 1500 (Stac9205.txt) Need File

basskrapht

1 post in this topic

First I want to say thanks for everyone contributing to this forum. You guys have changed my life. Ok. Now on to my problem.

My system froze during an update and I ended up re-installing my system. I thought I had all my post install stuff (kexts, utils, etc) saved but aparently I lost it all. I had everything working perfectly on my system except for shutdown/reboot/sleep. The most important thing on my system is my audio which I had working PERFECTLY as tested. I had input/output, and the system could tell if I had a headphone plugged in or not.

Now the real problem is that when I figured this all out it was a month ago. There was a linux dump file called "stac9205.txt" that was available thru the "Vostro Mega Thread". I tried to find this file but it's gone! The links in the original thread now point to 5 different codec dumps that don't work one bit for me at all. This sucks ass because this computer is my DAW. I feel like a total douche canoe.

Anyways, since I feel like an utter asshat if anyone has this file that i'm talking about (available a month ago) i'll be forever in your debt. I was also going to package this stuff up and put it on my server so that anyone else could grab it.

I had success following the tutorial in the original "vostro mega thread" post, however the only thing I did differently was use the "kext helper b7" app to install the AppleHDA.kext file instead of replacing the files manually. When I manually did it, I had half-success; the audio worked, but when I plugged my headphones in, I had to switch the output settings thru system preferences to get it to work. When I used the kext helper, everything worked without a hitch.

Does anyone have the stac9205.txt file that was available back in january/early feb this year?! PLZ HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

PS, What I mean to say is that the file I downloaded from the original thread is no where to be found. The original post was updated with different links to 5 different codec dumps - none of which are the original file stac9205.txt file (I tried each one).

There was only one link before, and it took you to the one linux dump file only. If anyone knows where to find this or has it, please let me know! :D:):(