iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 on Samsung Q35

janmarc

13 posts in this topic

Hallo to everyone!

As you obviously can see, this is my very first post. So please consider me being almost a total noob in this OSx86-thing :(

I've just installed iPC 10.5.6 (PPF5) on my Samsung Q35 notebook. Or let's say I've tried to.

After a few tries, i managed to boot into OS X successfuly.

But now there are some problems:

- no audio output device is found (though I selected AD1986 driver during installation)

- no w-lan device is found (though I selected Intel Pro 3945 driver)

- no keyboard is found (though it worked well during install routine, usb keyboard works)

- no touchpad is found (it also worked during installation (exept 'click by tapping') and usb mouse works

Apart from that the system seems to run fast and stable so far. Graphics look good, no artifacts. Usb, boot, shutdown etc all works just fine.

So where's the problem?

I would be very thankful if someone could post the exact installation selections for maximum compatibility with the Q35 T5500.

Or is it hopeless?

Thx,

jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Q35 T5500 specs:

• Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz
  • Intel 945GM chipset with 667MHz FSB
  • 2.5GB PC4200 533MHz DDR2 RAM
  • 120GB 5400RPM SATA HD (Hitachi)
  • 12.1-inch WXGA screen (1280 x 800)
  • Intel 950GM series integrated GPU ( using 128MB RAM)
  • Fixed 8X DVD multi-writer (Toshiba-Samsung TS-L532D)
  • Broadcom 440x 10/100
  • Intel Pro 3945 wireless abg
  • SENS LT56ADW V92 modem
  • Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
  • SoundMax AD1996A/ AD1986 (NOT SHURE!) hd audio with SRS enhanced speakers
  • Widescreen format Synaptics touchpad
  • Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x 4 pin Firewire, 100Mb/s network (RJ45), modem (RJ11), VGA, microphone, headphone / SPDIF, 1 x PC card slot type 1 or 2
  • 6 in 1 media card slot (Memory stick / Pro, SD, MMC, high speed MMC, Xd card)

I hope someone can help me.

I didn't count how many installation constellations i tried, but nothing works.

The best I could get so far was a leopard 10.5.6 running system with no audio, no w-lan and neither built-in keyboard nor trackpad working.

:)

UPDATE:

I managed to get built-in keyboard and trackpad working!!

Now, that's a step in the right direction...

The only thing that makes me crazy right now is that the trackpad not recognizes a left click when just gently tapping on the pad (not using the left click button under the trackpad)! I'd never thought how I'd miss this!

Any idea how to fix it?

Now there are just 2 big problems left:

Sound is still not working (though I'm hearing some glitches and cracks when booting for the first time...)

and my Intel Pro 3945 also isn't working.

(Besides - is anybody out there?)

UPDATE:

I finally got the sound problem fixed by adding the azalia.kext.

Works fantastic with SoundMax HD! Got a clean stereo sound.

That leaves just one problem: the iwi3495 still isn't shown as airport device.

Tried a driver from some link from the forum. Installed the driver kext including some terminal network app. After reboot leopard detects a new ethernet devicebut tells me there's no cable plugged in.

But with the terminal application i could start iwi3459 an even detect my w-lan. But connection still is impossible.

And a new question:

How can you change the kernel after installation? I chose the Netkas 9.2.0 Sleep. Runs very stable but sleep mode just worked one time. Now it just turns off the screen and nothing else.

Vanilla kernel didn't work for me, though I got Core2Duo: endless reboots.

I think Voodoo worked fine but I don't remember about sleep under voodoo...

EDIT:

Successfully changend to Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel. Sleep is not working.

I'm currently trying to fix the 'kernel-panic-when-dmg-mounting-due-to-wrong-seatbelt.kext' - problem.

Will post the results later...

OK, though it seems that nobody's reading this I'll post the current status as declared:

The dmg-mount problem was solved by downgrading the seatbelt.kext from version 10.5.6 to 10.5.5.

After trying some osx86 drivers for synaptics touchpads, I had to reinstall the whole system. These drivers did not work exactly as I expected them to do...

I would say I could live with the touchpad disfunction (will get a usb mouse), but I'm very unhappy about the w-lan not working at all.

I hope someone can tell me how to fix it or there will be realeased working drivers for this device...

And that's i so far

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

got me a USB-WLan stick. So wireless is working quite fine by now.

And I'm getting used to my trackpad more and more though I'm using

an external mouse whenever possible.

The System runs fine and I'm glad having changed to OS x completely.

Vista Times are finally over!

Things I'm currently trying to figure out (and could need your help!):

-SleepMode (when activated, screen turns black but no further, shutdown works great)

-It seems that Leopard wants to burn the cpu. The temperature seldomly falls below 70ºC and sometimes reaches up to 99ºC. Is there any way to lock the cpu temperature to a certain point? Performance decrease would be acceptable for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello again,

-SleepMode (when activated, screen turns black but no further, shutdown works great)

-It seems that Leopard wants to burn the cpu. The temperature seldomly falls below 70ºC and sometimes reaches up to 99ºC. Is there any way to lock the cpu temperature to a certain point? Performance decrease would be acceptable for me.

I would recommend the stock kernel for Core Processors, it is much faster and more compatible with System Update, and it will probably help with your sleep problem. As for your trackpad, my Synaptics touchpad shows up in System Preferences (Mouse and Keyboard >> Trackpad >> Tap To Click). I am annoyed with the progress on the Intel Pro Wireless 3945 driver, I have not been able to get that to work either. ;)

Hello again,

I would recommend the stock kernel for Core Processors, it is much faster and more compatible with System Update. As for your trackpad, my Synaptics touchpad show up in System Preferences (Mouse and Keyboard >> Trackpad >> Tap To Click). I am annoyed with the progress on the Intel Pro Wireless 3945 driver, I have not been able to get that to work either. :blink:

Hello again,

I would recommend the stock kernel for Core Processors, it is much faster and more compatible with System Update. As for your trackpad, my Synaptics touchpad shows up in System Preferences (Mouse and Keyboard >> Trackpad >> Tap To Click). I am annoyed with the progress on the Intel Pro Wireless 3945 driver, I have not been able to get that to work either. :(

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone !

I up this topic because I have a Samsung Q35 too and I would install Mac OS X, because I have a Mac mini in my desktop and I can't return to Windows when we have test the stability of Mac !

So, I have download iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition

I'm burning it, but I don't know what to select...

Can you help me ?? I have the same computer as the first post post

Thank you very much, and sorry for my English, I'm French.

Thank you very much