reboot loop

djmargera

27 posts in this topic

Well im trying to buirn kalyway 10.5.2 and everytime i try i get

like 5 lines of something then a reboot. then the same.

if i type in -f i get a bunch of lines coming up for about 2 mins then it reboots again, and same when i try -s -x -y cpus=1.

nVidia 7200GT AGPx8 512mb

Intel celeron 2.80GHZ (says MT6X SSE SSE2)

1.25GB DDR2 RAM

Funny thing i tried it on another computer and it worked so im thinking maybe my disk drive seetings are wrong or something Oo

Manufacture: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL

MODEL: GA-8SIMLNF

CHIPSET: SiS651

LPCIO: Winbond W83697hf

BIOS:

brand:

America Megatrends Inc.

Version: 1.0y

Date: 1/31/2004

Graphics interface:

AGP Version 3.0

Transfer rate : 4x

Max supported: 4x

Sideband: Enabled

Sorry if thats wrong info. please help me :(

O {censored}!

That's the right info, but that's one old mobo!

Try searching the forum(s) for a bios update... sometimes they work... it worked for me.

Otherwise i suggest trying different distributions (iDeneb, iAtkos, iPC, Leo4All and whatever else you can find...).

Perhaps you can try older versions too.

If you have any success, you'll have to look for an AGP driver too, later on.

cud u provide me with a link please.? :( im not too good at that kind of stuff. i thought my mobo might have been a abit outdated and ive tried iATKOS v1i, same problem if anthing worse lol. I looked on my the manufacture site for a mbo update and cudnt tfind anything.

cud u provide me with a link please.? :( im not too good at that kind of stuff. i thought my mobo might have been a abit outdated and ive tried iATKOS v1i, same problem if anthing worse lol. I looked on my the manufacture site for a mbo update and cudnt tfind anything.

No, by BIOS update i mean a hacked BIOS ROM, that you might find (that's right: use the search function) on these forums...

I can't provide you with a link to the torrents (forum rules), but you can search using your favorite torrent search engine. Also look on these forums to see which distributions are popular.

On torrents you can find the osx86 distributions (iDeneb, iATKOS, Kalyway and others).

On the forum you might find an hacked BIOS ROM for your motherboard... but i kinda doubt it, since it's so old.. but do search, who knows. But first, try the different distributions, and then search for a BIOS replacement.

Good Luck!

Hmm i didnt know it could be something to even do with my specs. seeming its only the boot disk, and i cant even get the gui menu open. if i click enter without any coding lines i get 5 line sof coding then a reboot. if i type in -f i get about 2 mins of lines then a reboot. Maybe something to od with my disk drive ?

Hmm i didnt know it could be something to even do with my specs. seeming its only the boot disk, and i cant even get the gui menu open. if i click enter without any coding lines i get 5 line sof coding then a reboot. if i type in -f i get about 2 mins of lines then a reboot. Maybe something to od with my disk drive ? I havent actually got the os workingsimiler problem to mine http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=77858&st=0. tried all the things in there like tohkernal -legacy still nothing

hey, i just installed osx86 too and i had the reboot loop problem too.. when i installed it it didt gave me any text though, just rebooted as soon as the apple logo came up. i found the solution to be installing a older kernel. as a standart it would install 9.5 (i think it was) so i choosed 9.4 and it just worked.

well i used ideneb to download and when i was just about to press install (were the cd is at left and the hdd is at right) there was a button named costomize. here i choosed pathes and then kernal -_- and then i just choosed what ever i thaught was the rght for my hardware and it worked. only takes 5 minutes not that hard :) good luck doing it

i cant actually get to the gui install bit. it reboots after straight away. Unless you mean something esle Oo

and thanks Vampi ill check it out (:

how does xnu-dev work. i have the.dmg file but here do i put it ? and how is it used.? i cant seem to find any guides on installing it Oo

I am having same problem on a HP DV1315cl. I tried vanilla kernel with a proper chipset driver and cpus=1 option and got reboot loop. I also got this without the cpus=1 option.

Only way I don't get a loop is with Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0 but that lands me on a blue screen after Apple loading screen.

Well i tried to install on pear pc. i followed insturcutions and then i load ppc the screen comes up for a few seconds then ti closes then ppc.exe opens again saying this GenuineIntel

CMOV MMX SSE SSE2

[CPU/MMU] new pagetable: sdr1 = 0x00300003

[CPU/MMU] new pagetable: sdr1 accepted

[CPU/MMU] number of pages: 2^15 pagetable_start: 0x00300000 size: 2^18

start: 512

start: 32768

getStartBlock: 0 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 1 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 2 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 3 Apple_Free

start: 557056

getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 2 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 3 Apple_HFS

start: 2621407232

getStartBlock: 0 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 1 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 2 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 3 Apple_Free

getStartBlock: 0 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 1 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 2 Apple_HFS

getStartBlock: 3 Apple_HFS

[CPU/CPU] execution started at 06602a40

[iO/PROM] <Warning> 05800000 in use!

[iO/PROM] <Error> memory->claim failed!

NOTE: I HAVENT INSTALLED MAC!!! ITS ONLY THE DVD INSTALL BIT

djmargera sorry, the link i gave you is for the voodoo kernel, which you can use after installation...

Try different distros with alternative kernels (some of the kernels i know: toh, netkas, sleep, modbin, StageXNU, voodoo). vanilla is the default kernel, which comes with the original mac os x. it's open source, so it has been modified by osx86 hackers to work on regular pc's. the kernel is the part at the core of the operating system, and it is one of the first things to execute. the rest of the operating system relies on it.

And try on VMWare too.

Yh im trying on Pear pc but im getting this

[iO/PROM] <Error> memory->claim failed!

I saw that in your previous post. PearPC might not work. These emulators/virtualization layers aren't perfect... Try VMWare or VMWare server or VMWare player (i think the latter one is free)

And search for pcwiz's VMWare image