9600m gt under 10.5.4

Nuclearx

3 posts in this topic

Hi 

Can someone help me please, i have a problem with my graphic card...

Is it possible to run an n9600m gt under 10.5.4 ?

LG Camini:

CPU Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8400 (3MB L2 Cache; 2,26 GHz; 1066MHz FSB)

Chipset Mobile Intel® PM45 Express

Ram 3 GB DDR3 (1 x 2048 & 1 x 1024) 1066 MHz

Display LCD 13,3

Graphic card NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT (GDDR3 512MB + TurboCache)

HD 250 GB S-ATA – 5400 rpm

External USB DVD drive

I really am not sure. I think you would need the Open GL Framework from 10.5.5 as the very minimum. I have included an installer below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155602335/10.5...mework.zip.html

Install this first before the kexts download as that install requires you reboot.

This may work or it could mess up your installation. Personally I would give it a go, but then I always keep a cloned backup of my installation if things go wrong!

If you try it and it works on 10.5.4, let me know and I will include the 10.5.5 Framework in the installer at the top of the page.

I have installed this on my iatkos 4i (10.5.4) and after restart it gives me no error...

But i can't install the driver pack it tells me i need 10.5.5 as minimum. So my problem is i can´t update to 10.5.5 because my system does not work after that. (i have tried some ways out)

Here the details why i can not update: (form the uphuck forum)

Doesn´t look good at all.... your machine´s DSDT has been written exclusively for windows and the part of code inside it´s MICROSOFT code, not INTEL code wich should be....

I can´t rewrite all the code needed cause is more than the half of the DSDT, for you to understand, the half of the code inside your DSDT is "Alien" code for Intel´s ACPI so you can think about how much OSX enjoy Microsoft code......

Grrrrrrr.... they use non standart methods,naming conventions and code callings.

Can i install the drivers now manually? Or can i pretend that i have 10.5.5 installed?

cheers, nuclearx

• 1 month later...