[Sell] x56 Hackintosh Laptop (UK)

neemz

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Considering selling my hack to free up some cash so I am putting the feelers out here to see if anyone wants it.

It is a Philips Freevents x56 laptop.

1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

1GB Ram

12.1" 1280x800 Display

DVD-RW drive

54G Wireless

Only weighs 1.85kg

I have it running 10.5.4.

What works

• Wireless (shows as airport)

• Full graphics effects (CI and QE)

• CPU Throttling
  • VGA port (I use it to drive an external display for day to day use absolutely fine)
  • Speakers Work
  • DVD Drive works
  • Sleep works most of the time (although the wireless drops out on resume, reloading the kext fixes it)
  • Wired network works
  • USB works

What doesn't work

• 4in1 Card Reader
  • Microphone
  • Screen dimming

I use this laptop every day when working from home, but since I use an external keyboard and mouse it is in pretty good condition (hardly any wear). The exterior case has a few marks on (as shown in the pictures). The display has no dead pixels. Battery lasts about 100 minutes in OSX (lasts longer when I used to use linux). I no longer have the original packaging, would only really be willing to ship to people in the UK, would consider sending abroad if the user is in a fairly high standing on the forum.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Is the price unreasonable or is there just no interest in it?

I'll be putting it on ebay later but i'll have to just put it on as a standard windows laptop, I thought someone here might appreciate that i've done the legwork to get OS X running on it.

• 1 year later...
Guest orsotony

I there,

hope you did sell your Philips Freevents for the price you wanted :(

I'm contacting you because I have the same laptop and I wanted to hackintosh it, but can't find a way to do it... could you give me any help or links that explain how to do it?

I'm quite new at this...

Any help will be really appreciated.

Tony

Hey Guys,

Considering selling my hack to free up some cash so I am putting the feelers out here to see if anyone wants it.

It is a Philips Freevents x56 laptop.

1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

1GB Ram

12.1" 1280x800 Display

DVD-RW drive

54G Wireless

Only weighs 1.85kg

I have it running 10.5.4.

What works

• Wireless (shows as airport)
  • Full graphics effects (CI and QE)
  • CPU Throttling
  • VGA port (I use it to drive an external display for day to day use absolutely fine)
  • Speakers Work
  • DVD Drive works
  • Sleep works most of the time (although the wireless drops out on resume, reloading the kext fixes it)
  • Wired network works
  • USB works

What doesn't work

• 4in1 Card Reader
  • Microphone
  • Screen dimming

I use this laptop every day when working from home, but since I use an external keyboard and mouse it is in pretty good condition (hardly any wear). The exterior case has a few marks on (as shown in the pictures). The display has no dead pixels. Battery lasts about 100 minutes in OSX (lasts longer when I used to use linux). I no longer have the original packaging, would only really be willing to ship to people in the UK, would consider sending abroad if the user is in a fairly high standing on the forum.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG