7900GTX Go NVinjectGo 512/ NVinjectGo Black Screen

buzzysingh

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Just recently got MAC OS x installed on my laptop. It's a clevo m57u. I currently have a Nvidia 7900GTX Go 512MB. I have been browsing around the internet trying to find an answer to my problem but am yet to find one. So here goes:

1. I installed MAC OS x Leopard 10.2 Kalyway using the vanilla kernal.

2. Everything loaded fine, audio, display etc.

3. However, i could not change the resolution of my display.

4. So i decided to install NVinjectGo 512mb: Didn't work, got black screen when trying to bootup.

5. Tried just the normal NVinjectGo: Didn't work either, got black screen.

So that was two installs that failed. Anyone know how i can get the default settings back (i.e. no driver?). If i type in -x at the boot, I get the grey screen but then it goes back to the black screen after awhile. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to installing my graphics card? Thank you in advance.

I tried nvkush and had the same problem. Been doing a little bit of searching etc. And when the darwin loader boots up, it shows 256mb even though their is 512mb. Now if i am correct, because it is a laptop, i won't have to do the ROM flash? So there should be some sort of solution? Any help would be so appreciated.

Just tried natit, that didn't work either :D

I have a 7950 GTX Go and was unable to get it to work with 10.5.6. I used nvkush, nvinjectgo, and gfx strings. With nvkush, I got correct resolution and display but no CI / QE. I dumped the ROM image from my card using nvflash and used that to generate an NVCAP and created a GFX string off of that but I got VGA out only (internal screen went black) and no CI / QE. Anyone else with these cards get CI / QE working?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

Just recently got MAC OS x installed on my laptop. It's a clevo m57u. I currently have a Nvidia 7900GTX Go 512MB. I have been browsing around the internet trying to find an answer to my problem but am yet to find one. So here goes:

I also have an m570u with 7900gtx 512MB. I've been able to get it to work with kalyway 10.5.2 last year and more recently iatkos 10.5.5. I think I just picked the nvinjectGO 512 option also, from the iatkos installer. But this only works with the external monitor. I've never been able to get the laptop display to work. Have you tried plugging in an external monitor? Also, QE/CI doesn't work either, which is what I'm working on now. It's still usable without the acceleration though. I tried flashing the rom but ended up with 2 dead black screens and had to blindly reflash to save my card. Not sure if I want to try that again. I'm not sure what else to do to try and get the internal and QE/CI to work.

I've tried almost all the drivers and efi strings, but just haven't been lucky.