Acer Aspire 5735, IDE

The Doctor

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I used the iATKOS 10.5.5, after reinstalling it four times, I finally found the right drivers, sortta.

I'm using the Apple ACPI driver, but unfort. OS X can't see the Hard Drive unless I tell the BIOS to turn into IDE mode, so I was wondering if anyone had a better kext please.

Also, another problem I have is I've got to run into Safe Mode as well for OS X to run.

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me with Drivers.

Intel WiFi Link 5100 or if not, The Belkin Wireless G USB adaptor.

Intel GMA 4500MHD

My System specs are:

Acer Aspire 5735

Intel Core 2 Duo 2MB L2 Cache T5800

160GB HDD

4GB DDR2 RAM

I am using the PC EFI Bootloader.

I'm quite noobish at this, but I can say I'm quite good at comps in general, and I did in fact have a Mac.

Thank You

Jme

• 1 month later...

Have you had any luck with this? I got my wife a 5735 and wanted to put OsX on it, but had the same driver issues.. She is struggling with vista right now.. lol I would love to format and get 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 working on it..

Thanks

Rich

Hi,

I used the iATKOS 10.5.5, after reinstalling it four times, I finally found the right drivers, sortta.

I'm using the Apple ACPI driver, but unfort. OS X can't see the Hard Drive unless I tell the BIOS to turn into IDE mode, so I was wondering if anyone had a better kext please.

Also, another problem I have is I've got to run into Safe Mode as well for OS X to run.

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me with Drivers.

Intel WiFi Link 5100 or if not, The Belkin Wireless G USB adaptor.

Intel GMA 4500MHD

My System specs are:

Acer Aspire 5735

Intel Core 2 Duo 2MB L2 Cache T5800

160GB HDD

4GB DDR2 RAM

I am using the PC EFI Bootloader.

I'm quite noobish at this, but I can say I'm quite good at comps in general, and I did in fact have a Mac.

Thank You

Jme

• 1 month later...

bumping...

Seems like no one is having any luck with this laptop... if nothing else, does anyone know about developers that may be close to a driver for the wifi or video? I would love to help to get this laptop working.. Can we maybe get a community going here?

THanks!

• 4 years later...