Sample rate issues

Ad0

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I successfully installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and I got it running with my m-audio delta 66 with the Envy24 driver (http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/).

I tried Logic Pro 8, and I am working in 48KHz.

The problem occurs when closing the project after working in 48Hz. Everything is fine in this boot, but the next book, every sound is slowed down.

Sounds like the system is running in slower sample rate. Because sound is now playing much slower, and Logic goes out of sync. Sounds like everything is pitched down and slowed down :(

If I go in Logic after startup, opening a project, going in project settings and change it back / forth to another sample rate, then everything is fine again.

Seems like CoreAudio or sound card driver is left in a state where it thinks that every sound is 48KHz and plays it in 44KHz slower or something weird.

When setting it back to 44.1 before boot it is fine next time I boot.

Since this is remembered at startup, there must be a file on the system that holds this state. The question is which, and if it can be cleaned up / reset / fixed on exit or something. Maybe it is the driver?

Thanks in advance!

I found a temporary solution to use an Automator script setting the sample rate back to 48Khz.

if anyone wants the script, tell me! :) It works perfectly.

About the problem:

I think the settings are 48Khz but the driver / card is not. So it seems like CoreAudio compensates everything that gets played back to the expected sample rate.

Excuse me for my bad english, I'm Italian.

Hi, i have your same problem. I've installed logic pro 8 and after i've colsed it, my audio became orrible. I think is a sample rate problem but if I go on logic and chenge sample rate, the problem is not solved.

Can you send me your automation?

Or have you resolved the problem in a other methods?

Thank you.

Hello. Do you have Do you have the same drivers as I have etc? I cannot garantuee that it will work if the layout of the control panel is different, but it's worth a try I guess. I will give it to you when I get back home. :(