Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 32/64 MB

Mega Man

12 posts in this topic

I have a lot of questions about getting the NVidia driver working for my card. I read Krazubu's guide to Manual nVidia installation but I was confused about which files I need to install.

So far I have GeForce.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDANVHal30.kext, and NVinjectGo.kext. I think I read somewhere that I also need GeForce*.bundle (all 5)?

Also, I realize that I have the wrong amount of VRAM entered in. My memory card is 32Mb/64Mb. Which one do I use? (Darwin says 32) I would just try both but I can't find the "VRAM,totalsize" value for them (it starts at 128 Mb).

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone had a NVCAP for this card?

I managed to find 04010101000C0001000E00000000000600000A (no spaces), but it is only recognized as having 19 bits.

The default value in my NVinject was 04000000 00000300 0C000000 00000007 00000000 (with spaces)...

Hmm.. Thanks. After taking a bit of a break, I took a look at it. Your guide is very useful.

I still haven't gotten it working, but I've narrowed the problem down to the NVDAResman.kext file. Do you know where I could get a different version of the kexts for the GeForce/NVDAN driver? I'm trying to avoid downloading another dvd...

EDIT: I found a premade installer for the FX 5200 while I was looking in the Genius Bar for kexts. I'm trying it right now. (looks promising!)

I'm not really sure what happened...

The NVDAResman.kext that came with the DVD gave me a kernel panic as well as the Titan.kext that I found in the automated installer.

I decided to use your NVinject.kext with the rest of the files in the automated installer (to replace Titan.kext). The result was a successful boot up! But Core Image is still handled by software and Quartz Extreme is still not supported...

Do I need to enable this in system preferences or something?

Thanks for you help. While I am not there yet, I am indeed making progress...

EDIT: On second thought, I guess I'll try 10.5.5

• 2 months later...
I'm not really sure what happened...

The NVDAResman.kext that came with the DVD gave me a kernel panic as well as the Titan.kext that I found in the automated installer.

I decided to use your NVinject.kext with the rest of the files in the automated installer (to replace Titan.kext). The result was a successful boot up! But Core Image is still handled by software and Quartz Extreme is still not supported...

Do I need to enable this in system preferences or something?

Thanks for you help. While I am not there yet, I am indeed making progress...

EDIT: On second thought, I guess I'll try 10.5.5

Were you able to fix the display? Were you ever able to get the correct resolution from this card? I have P25-S209 Toshiba Satellite laptop, and i'm trying to get the LCD at it's full capability.

Please let me know if you were able to get this working!

Thanks!

Were you able to fix the display? Were you ever able to get the correct resolution from this card? I have P25-S209 Toshiba Satellite laptop, and i'm trying to get the LCD at it's full capability.

Please let me know if you were able to get this working!

Thanks!

Have you tried download & install the NVKushComplete

Yeap. just did. It works with external monitor, but not on the Laptop display.

It shows that it cannot detect the monitor model?

NVKush guesses your card is a I Can Has Model?

That adds another glorious install attempt to my belt :) lost count at 42759348

Yeap. just did. It works with external monitor, but not on the Laptop display.

It shows that it cannot detect the monitor model?

NVKush guesses your card is a I Can Has Model?

That adds another glorious install attempt to my belt :( lost count at 42759348

hahahah.. congratulation then.. don't give up trying mate..

• 5 weeks later...

Hi folks!

I'm a fairly new at hackintosh'ing and am having some difficulty with the Inspiron 8600. Although I've had success installing and getting "basic" functionality working on the laptop with the iATKOS v5 (10.5.5) disk, the question here is how do I improve on the basic VGA output of 1024x768.

If I try to install any of the NVinject, NVkush, etc. I get "psychadelic" transformation of the desktop once the OS loads. The card in the laptop is a GeForce FX Go5200 with 32MB of VRAM. The only thing working for me is the standard VGA and even then scrolling of pages get "stuck" on the screen. Page downs seem to clear it up.

Does anyone have any input on how I can get more resolution as my screen is 1680x1050? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi folks!

I'm a fairly new at hackintosh'ing and am having some difficulty with the Inspiron 8600. Although I've had success installing and getting "basic" functionality working on the laptop with the iATKOS v5 (10.5.5) disk, the question here is how do I improve on the basic VGA output of 1024x768.

If I try to install any of the NVinject, NVkush, etc. I get "psychadelic" transformation of the desktop once the OS loads. The card in the laptop is a GeForce FX Go5200 with 32MB of VRAM. The only thing working for me is the standard VGA and even then scrolling of pages get "stuck" on the screen. Page downs seem to clear it up.

Does anyone have any input on how I can get more resolution as my screen is 1680x1050? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you try what I've wrote here? good luck

• 2 weeks later...