Updating 10.5.2

Antonio Max

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

Can anyone point some directions on updating my leopard 1.5.2 to any version above 1.5.3?

I'm confused on how to proceed safely with all information I've found while searching the forum.

Thanks!!

This is my about this mac screen:>post-138147-1230672895_thumb.png Its an intel build.

Ok, for the record, I've updated my 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using kalway 10.5.2 update.

Everything seems to be just fine, and here is the about this mac screen now >post-138147-1230685375_thumb.png

Have used this video on youtube to check some information about the update process (iatkos 1.0i 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 using kalway combo update)

- The vid sucks but clarify the fact that using that update wont blow everything apart.

I'm still looking for suggestions on how to update to 10.5.3 and so.

There is the Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and the JaS 10.5.3 combo update, now the main question is witch one is more reliable on my build, any clues?

Read about updating straight to 10.5.6 in the thread titled '10.5.6 released' on the new releases and updates board.

Or you can take a look at Mysticus C's upgrade guide in the Leopard post-install board.

Thanks Beerkex`d!

I found that going from iatkos 10.5.1 and so, just got messy, so installed mac drive, accessed mac drive from windoze, backed up a couple files and stuff, recorded an acronis os selector (acronis disk director 10) rescue disk, since an osx reinstall would make my tryboot config lost its boot settings, and installed 10.5.5 iAtkos i5 with vanilla kernel among other customize options.

Then have used the comboupdate to make it 10.5.6 and all is going just fine but timemachine, witch says "Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found" (I dont use any network drive for backups).

More info from this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=140322#

"First time ive installed vodoo kernel and then replacing 10.5.6 system.kext with the system 9.5.kext got me a `press power button` screen with no restore at all.

Second time ive managed to install with the vanilla kernel (no kernel selected) and removepowermanagement, disabler, all sata things and a bunch of other iatkos 5i dvd options and all went just fine, all usb working and time machine was ok.

Updated to 10.5.6 using a downloaded comboupdate from apple, all went just fine this time, got all usbs working and the system is stable atm, but timemachine wont work anymore since the error about not finding the network drive is there and i have no idea on how to fix it (any tips???)

Thanks! "

So updating 10.5.5 iAtkos i5 to 10.5.6 using system update looks just fine if you are using the original kernel, just like real macs, but something got wrong with time machine (as far as I can tell, everything else works just fine).

Following are my timemachine error and the about this mac window now:

post-138147-1230991587_thumb.png

post-138147-1230991603_thumb.png

Thanks and hope this help someone :)