Problem with iPC 10.5.6 and USB keyboard.

jorkka

4 posts in this topic

I'm having the same issues ... :D !

My new (second-hand) DELL XPS 1330 is getting me slightly mad.

I've started with setting up OsX 10.5.2 by Kaly and also tried with Leo4all v3, the first was working with minor defects on the trackpad and keyboard was fine. I've tried also the sonotone "all-in-one" patches: it worked good for unlocking the Apple's updates but made me troubles with keyboard and trackpad.

The second one, Leo's, made me the same problem as you :D , allowing to use the keybd by booting with -x flag. Then, a few hours ago, I've installed the original upgrade to 10.5.6 from Apple website and :D everything stopped working at all ... :D

I'll work on it, then post what will happen if I'll get some good results

One thing is sure: I'll never turn back to Micro :D ft !!!

OsX 10.5.2 kernel 9.2.2 EFI/Vanilla - ASUS P5LD2 - Core2duo E4400 - 2x1 GB DDR II Kingston - GF7300GS, All works OK

OsX 10.5.2 kernel 9.2.2 EFI/Vanilla - AsRock ConRoe eSata II - Core2duo E6800 - 2x2 GB DDR II Corsair - GF8500GS, All works fine except some distortion on the audio after 10 min. of play

Now, I'm in troubles with my DELL XPS-1330 !!!

Hi.

I'm having problems with my USB keyboard.

If i boot the system without any boot options the keyboard will not work, if i give -v boot option the keyboard will work fine.

Any ideas what might cause this?

I found that the kexts for 10.5.6 were glitchy with my mouse and keyboard sometimes they wouldn't load properly at boot, so I installed IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from 10.5.5. This cured the problem. Hope this helps

Hi.

I'm having problems with my USB keyboard.

If i boot the system without any boot options the keyboard will not work, if i give -v boot option the keyboard will work fine.

Any ideas what might cause this?

I found that the kexts for 10.5.6 were glitchy with my mouse and keyboard sometimes they wouldn't load properly at boot, so I installed IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext from 10.5.5. This cured the problem. Hope this helps

Hello Ianxxx!

It looks you're dramatically right :D , as I've seen the confirm of the same issue also on real Macs on this forum:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comments.p...#commentsanchor

Then I've downloaded the patch in the above mentioned link, but it didn't work at all. Maybe because my Hackbook is not a Macbook ... ;)

Naturally I've repeated the installation from scratch (using Leo4v3), patched with the fantastic sonotone goodies, but then, instead of installing the 10.5.6 update directly from the utility, I did it after downloading it locally.

Exactly the same: no internal keybd, no trackpad! :rolleyes:

(but it works with any external USB keyboard & mouse)

Next step: I'll try extracting all the IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext manually (hoping Pacifist will help me), then let you know. I'm not sure wether the files are only those or there's one I'm missing, maybe more...

After the updates, I get a 'yellow' failure on loading "com.orByte.PCGenUSBEHCI" when -v booting.

When I freshly install 10.5.2, not any yellow alerts, and everything's working fine.

Talk you later, gotta sleep some :D

Thanks in advance