Want to upgrade from Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6

impreziv

59 posts in this topic

I followed these steps, also installed that Voodoo thing. I didn't see any AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, but a file with the same name except with .orig at the end, so I thought that must be a backup or something.

I rebooted, and then.. nothing. It doesn't even get to the Darwin boot screen, it's just stuck at the black hardware checking screen. So I booted to windows (another HDD) and deleted that .orig file via MacDrive. Still doesn't work.

Any clues? It was a 10.5.2 Kalyway, the specs are:

Intel C2D E4300 @ 2.8GHz

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

Nvidia 8600GT

either people dont like me or i am just a stupid guy

but anyone of you can pls help me??

i am running the kalyway 10.5.2

my kernel is vanilla

i followed the guide and it gave me a kernel panic

i followed it again (dint install voodoo) but the result was same ;)

tried booting into safe mode and single user mode

but cant boot up

so i had to do a reinstall of 10.5.2

so anyone can help me??

what exactly am i doing wrong?

• 1 month later...
I had no trouble updating from kalyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.6 using the combo update and the netkas method, worked great for me doing the following steps:

back up your extensions/data

Install pc-efi 9 very reliable boot loader from http://######.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48 open tools folder install bootloader.pkg. Ignore the dsdt stuff.

1. open directory utility enable root user from menu. set password.

2. open terminal type sudo su. enter password

3. in terminal typed without quotes. Enter.

"while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"

4.mount 10.5.6 combo, install while monitoring for appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext in extensions folder. Should appear and get deleted super fast. do not restart!

5. right click /System/InstallAtStartup folder. Get info. at bottom click lock and enter password. change permissions for everyone to read/write. Repeat step for folder /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts and for file /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

6. Open 1 file in text edit. Find there Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace with this dsmos.kext. save file.

7. if u have nvidia card move to trash all ati* and appleintelgma* kexts to trash.

8. Install voodoo kernel 9.5 with their setup package. http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/ only if u know you cannot use vanilla kernels on your hardware.

9. restart!

This worked great for me and i have tested it several times.

Sorry dparada78 but your instructions just don't work ;) I have followed everything you have written and still I get errors of "waiting for root device" when trying to boot into leopard after updating.

I am trying to upgrade from Kalyway 10.5.2 using the 10.5.6ComboUpdate from the Apple site. My hackintosh is a Dell 530 Core2Quad. Your instructions are no use:(

Art

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just updated from Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 using the Netkas method cited above. I had been hesitating, but in the end it worked perfectly.

Things that work now, which didn't work before: I can now hot-plug usb storage devices. The GeForce 9800GT I just installed works perfectly, OpenGL acceleration, Quartz Extreme, all resolutions. It is recognized by CUDA for general purpose GPU development.

Thanks for posting this information. Update seems particularly useful if you want to use newer graphics adapters. I was using carefully selected hardware (Intel chipset and processor, graphics card similar to nVidia 8800 etc.) so that might explain the problem-free update.

Details of my hardware configuration are here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1068624

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OKAY SO iv tried almost everything to get the update to 10.5.6 and nothings working i had to reinstall Kalyway 10.5.2 like 900 times over and over!! i need some like in tense help, iv tired installing the kalyway 10.5.3 update and i still get the restart crash screen, if gotten to the point of giving up!, so i wanted to know if you could explain your post in more detail Example!

you said"

3. in terminal typed without quotes. Enter."

okay i tried the terminal thing noithing ever works, i type sundo su. and hit enter and it doesntdo anything just tells me that it doesnt understand the command, i just need more details on weather im typing E N T E R or hiting it and if im using any other symbols "#$%^&*()_:"><,.'" , also im lost on the 1 step you posted lol, i went into alpication and found the directory and was like huh? im kinda lost on what password im making, i have a password to login is that the password it needs?

now for the boot, you said get this "Install pc-efi 9" the link is dead,but oher then that i googled it and found the boot file, but have no idea what to do with it..any ideas?...with that being said if you or anyone els could help me out with my issues, please please help me out!, i am currently running Hp stock mother board AMD Dual Core m8200. HELP PLEASE!

[andyswim]

I had no trouble updating from kalyway 10.5.1 to 10.5.6 using the combo update and the netkas method, worked great for me doing the following steps:

back up your extensions/data

Install pc-efi 9 very reliable boot loader from http://######.com/index.php?option=...0&Itemid=48 open tools folder install bootloader.pkg. Ignore the dsdt stuff.

3. in terminal typed without quotes. Enter.

"while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done"

4.mount 10.5.6 combo, install while monitoring for appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext in extensions folder. Should appear and get deleted super fast. do not restart!

5. right click /System/InstallAtStartup folder. Get info. at bottom click lock and enter password. change permissions for everyone to read/write. Repeat step for folder /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts and for file /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

6. Open 1 file in text edit. Find there Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace with this dsmos.kext. save file.

7. if u have nvidia card move to trash all ati* and appleintelgma* kexts to trash.

8. Install voodoo kernel 9.5 with their setup package. http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/ only if u know you cannot use vanilla kernels on your hardware.

9. restart!

This worked great for me and i have tested it several times.

• 2 months later...

Please, I beg your forgiveness for the Post, as I'm sure the answers are listed in the forum many times (eluding me however.)

I have a Inspiron 6400 with Intel945 GMA 950

I used Kalyway 10.5.2 everything works but the video. CI is software and no QE.

Can someone please provide active links and directions to solve this? So damn close to having the system done and 100%. NEED YOUR HELP! lol Biggest challenge was finding active links everything was expired/no longer available.

Many thanks!

Please, I beg your forgiveness for the Post, as I'm sure the answers are listed in the forum many times (eluding me however.)

I have a Inspiron 6400 with Intel945 GMA 950

I used Kalyway 10.5.2 everything works but the video. CI is software and no QE.

Can someone please provide active links and directions to solve this? So damn close to having the system done and 100%. NEED YOUR HELP! lol Biggest challenge was finding active links everything was expired/no longer available.

Many thanks!

Hi, I am really new at this, well I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 in my Inspiron E1505 which I believe is the same Inspiron 6400, when you installed did you customized the installation and select de video 'drivers' for the intel GMA950?? I did it that way and got to work the QE/CI. I have a question for you, do you have your soundcard working, I mean if you plug in your headphones does your speaker shut?

I don't know if I was of any help....