[How To] Install Mac on a Vaio SZ7

vaiosz7

58 posts in this topic

I've been trying to install snow leopard on my viao vgn-nr498e using empire efi and I lose DVD drive(doesn't recognize it) after install is complete. Then after reboot, I lose keyboard. I've been able to navigate a little and notice that anything to do with networking(hardware) isn't showing up, cannot install any kexts(don't know how and kext helper doesn't work because it requests a password) along with a few other issues. I had to feather my JB iPhone to download kexts which failed.

Please help

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I tried installing OSx on my Sony....(Got a Macbook from work recently) but...can't stop myself from trying to install 10.6 :D It's working but without sound and batterymanagement.......Anyone here playing around with 10.6 here?

Cheers!

Maybe this webpage http://www.linux.it/~malattia/wiki/index.php/Sony-laptop can be helpful....

It's about linux drivers for the ACPI devices SNY5001 and SNY6001 ( Sony Programmable I/O and Sony Notebook Control) related to battery management....

It also talks about DSDT.....

VodooBattery 1.3.0 for SL ?????

Up to 10.5.8 the AppleACPIBatteryManager kext was working perfectly....Snow Leopard detects a battery, but no AC and the battery status is "Replace now"....

In the kernel log AppleACPIBatteryManager says it can't get the battery status info from device or something like that (I don't have my sony with me)

VoodooBattery 1.3 does the same thing, it detects the battery but no AC.....

Maybe this webpage http://www.linux.it/~malattia/wiki/index.php/Sony-laptop can be helpful....

It's about linux drivers for the ACPI devices SNY5001 and SNY6001 ( Sony Programmable I/O and Sony Notebook Control) related to battery management....

I'll take a look at it :-)

• 1 month later...

This is my current status with Leopard on my Sony VAIO SZ79G/N

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz = Works

DVD= Works

RAM: Kingston 4 GB (2x 2GB SO-DIMM sticks) = Works

Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 = Works with QE/CI

Graphics: nVidia 8400m GS = QE/CI only works with external display using NVinject 0.2.2 drivers

Bluetooth = Worked out of the box

MotionEye = Doesnt Work applying Intel X3100 drivers

Ethernet = Worked after installing Titan's Marvell Yukon driver

Wifi = Intel 4965 ABGN doenst work but I have ordered a Broadcom 4321 Draft N on eBay and it will arrive soon so I will be able to install the Broadcom wireless card and things should work with no problems.

Sound= The solution on the first post of this topic DIDNT work, some help would be appreciated.

Now, has anyone bothered installing Snow Leopard on their VAIO SZ's, if so what works and what doesnt?

• 3 months later...

Hi there, Guys !! How had it finished ???

anyone´s got the Snow Leopard install ? Yure ? :thumbsdown_anim:

Mine is the sz3xp/c:

Core 2 Duo 2 Gh

Intel 945GM

Nvidia go 7400

STAC9225

Yukon 88E8036

Audio and Nvidia are my big problems, please any help would be really apreciated :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks !

(sorry not english speaker)

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone can up/down brightness in os x?

in vaio SZ series...

i get everything work except nvidia graphics and intel wifi 3945.

snow leopard with intel graphic card has poor performance...

i has try it...

work best in leo 10.5.8, bad performance in 10.6.3.

intel gma doesn't support openCL.

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone can up/down brightness in os x?

in vaio SZ series...

i get everything work except nvidia graphics and intel wifi 3945.

snow leopard with intel graphic card has poor performance...

i has try it...

work best in leo 10.5.8, bad performance in 10.6.3.

intel gma doesn't support openCL.

Confirmed, i also cannot adjust brightness, stays at the same level for me but its bright enough i guess  :) , by the way on 10.6.2/10.6.3 Project: Camphor by mercurysquad has some beta or alpha (not sure) stage drivers available for intel 3945 i dont think they work with encrypted networks but they do work!

here is the link to Project Camphor: http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com

The drivers on that site are outdated, so just for reference on that site, here is the link to mercurysquad's facebook page which contains the updated WORKING drivers for intel 3945

http://www.facebook.com/pages/mercurysquad/130654692121

i was just about to install snow leopard on my vaio SZ but now that you have reported this i think i will just upgrade to iATKOS v7 or something (10.5.7) which 10.5.8 distro are you using?