OSX loops at boot menu

edwin

1 post in this topic

Hi all,

I've got 10.5.1 working great on my Bad Axe 2 with audio, video and ntfs-3g all working. I'm using mbr with Chain0 as it appears stable reading the posts and switching to GUID would mean a return to 64 bit XP which was incompatible with some of my software in the past. My problem is once I choose OSX as the boot OS in the boot menu it reverts back to the boot menu unless I quickly press space bar for start up options and then select the second partition hd(0,2) in which case it works fine.

The searches I've done recommended editing the com.apple.Boot.plist file which I did, here is mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=disk0s2</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

But nothing changed. I'm not 100% sure if this is a OSX or XP issue? My Windows boot.ini file is:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB
C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"

Maybe I should edit the boot.ini with a more specific entry like:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\OSX="OSX Leopard" but I'm just making that up as a guess :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help, I'm almost there now.