MobileMe Stopped Working (10.5.5)

smacman

7 posts in this topic

Running 10.5.5 (iAtkos 5i) on an Acer Aspire One. MobileMe was working then suddenly stopped working two days ago. After getting an error message telling me to try syncing again later, I logged out of the service then logged back in. Now I can't even re-register the computer to the server. Could Apple be banning non Apple systems somehow? Anybody else having this problem? MobileMe is still working on my legit Macs.

Same here. That would suck if they are blocking. Logging in and iDisk work fine. Syncing on the other hand is failing. This is what shows on my logs when I try to register the computer in the sync tab:

12/18/08 12:09:33 PM System Preferences[3572] MobileMe login error: Error Domain=internalMallornErrorDomain Code=100 UserInfo=0x1ac9e200 "MobileMe login failed."

I tried every fix from the Apple discussion boards including the "13 steps" and still nothing.

me too, although I'm on 10.5.4. Got an error message yesterday, then failed to sync today, and despite trying everything I can't register the computer on mobileme.

I'd been worried this might be something Apple had done, and I'm now seriously concerned - it makes my little netbook vastly less useful if it doesn't sync across to my other machines. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch...

Can anyone think of a way of getting round this?