Dell Inspiron 1525 STAC9228 internal/external mic

gbonilla

35 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tried your AppleHDA kext on my Insipron 1525. It works well, but miss one feature, it seems that internal mic pick-up sound but doesn't transmit the data at all (internal output works, external output works on the two output jack and external mic work). Also, sound from the output jacks seems a very little bit not natural, the sound seems to be scrambled for the very first miliseconds of the sound output, after it's OK. If you want to invest the case, I would be willing to give you info, just ask.

BTW, I'm not whinning, the kext is really better than anything I stumbled on, great work.

Hi, I tried your AppleHDA kext on my Insipron 1525. It works well, but miss one feature, it seems that internal mic pick-up sound but doesn't transmit the data at all (internal output works, external output works on the two output jack and external mic work). Also, sound from the output jacks seems a very little bit not natural, the sound seems to be scrambled for the very first miliseconds of the sound output, after it's OK. If you want to invest the case, I would be willing to give you info, just ask.

BTW, I'm not whinning, the kext is really better than anything I stumbled on, great work.

In terms of the internal mic, I'm actually having no problem with it. I go on skype and all using it and the people I have talked to never complain. In terms of the sound from the jacks I agree with you it does sound a bit scrambled at first but I tried to get it working better and was stuck at that and determined I can live with that few seconds.

I really don't know what to tell you with the mic, which mic are you speaking into? The one by the card reader or the webcam mics?

In terms of the internal mic, I'm actually having no problem with it. I go on skype and all using it and the people I have talked to never complain. In terms of the sound from the jacks I agree with you it does sound a bit scrambled at first but I tried to get it working better and was stuck at that and determined I can live with that few seconds.

I really don't know what to tell you with the mic, which mic are you speaking into? The one by the card reader or the webcam mics?

I tought that there was only one internal mic, the one near the SD card reader. Anyway, when I talk to the computer in Preferences, the mic seems to record my voice (i.e. the sound bar is moving), but when I speak in Skype, the voice is not recorded (by the sound test call).

As I said, it's not dramatic and I can live with it.

UPDATE: I tried different settings in Preferences and the problem came from there. I openned once the audio preferences, played with the volume setting on both options and mic was working OK from then.

Kext working perfectly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Zindahu

"Its working on my 1330."

Will you please be kind enough to tell what is exactly working on your dell m1330?

Speakers + internal mic?

is Mic sound captured distorted if it's working?

Thanks

I have a working osx86 from iAtkos v5 upgraded via software update to 10.5.8 and internal mic is not working for me.

Please help, I've tryed almost anything in this forum, Macgirls kexts, gbonillas, and all sort of different kexts. I can get internal mic working BUT only that, no sound output. So please help if u can.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I have an XPS M1330 that up until yesterday was running 10.5.6 perfectly fine. This is a work computer that I did not customize, and I stupidly updated to 10.5.8. The only problem seems to be that the sound input and output are no longer recognized, and there is no volume display in the top right menu bar. Specs are as follows (and let me know if I need to supply additional information, I just mess with computers as a side hobby):

Dell XPS M1330

2 core processor, 2.19 GHz

2 MB L2 cache

4 GB SDRAM

Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS

SATA 298 GB

(I'm sure I will need to provide more information)

Im not sure exactly what versions of each startup this comp is running, but I know in the boot it loads Chameleon and Darwin). I'll just post this for now so I can know what additional information I need to add.

Thanks a ton, and I've been researching this a bunch already - this forum seems to have a wealth of information on similar modifications/running Leopard on xps 1330s.