Connecting osx to Win Terminal Service through VPN port issue

2 posts in this topic

Running iDeneb 10.5.5 but I've seen this problem with genuine Tigers and Leopards too.

What happens is predictable and reproducable:

Login verifies but during the vpn connection the firewall stalls and returns the following warning:

"The following ports are currently taken on your machine by other services. SSLVPN cannot tunnel these protocols until those ports are released.

RDP - 3389"

This is the same port that the Terminal Server uses.

On a windows box this also happens when the local Terminal Server is running, which is the default setting, on the connecting machine. Disabling the local Terminal Server fixes the problem.

Does anyone know if there's any service or app that needs to be "brought to it's knees" on osx to make it release this port?

Any help appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Running iDeneb 10.5.5 but I've seen this problem with genuine Tigers and Leopards too.

What happens is predictable and reproducable:

Login verifies but during the vpn connection the firewall stalls and returns the following warning:

"The following ports are currently taken on your machine by other services. SSLVPN cannot tunnel these protocols until those ports are released.

RDP - 3389"

This is the same port that the Terminal Server uses.

On a windows box this also happens when the local Terminal Server is running, which is the default setting, on the connecting machine. Disabling the local Terminal Server fixes the problem.

Does anyone know if there's any service or app that needs to be "brought to it's knees" on osx to make it release this port?

Any help appreciated.

I have this problem ....

any question for this problem, please ????