SONY VGN-TZ150N/B + OSX

jgutz20

2 posts in this topic

I have a Sony VGN-TZ150N/B system running vista, it was a very spendy machine and absolutely beautiful. I was wondering if anyone has installed OSX on this machine before or if i should even bother based on the specs. I am not using the Sprint AirCard, its not critical but if the fingerprint scanner is possible that would be great.

Link to specs: https://www.beststopplasma.com/productdetai...;productid=2848

Processor: Intel U7500

RAM: 2gb

Graphics: Intel GMA950

Hard Drive: 100gb IDE

Chipset: Intel 945GMS Express

Ethernet:10/100/1000 Marvel 88E8055

Wireless: Intel WiFi Link 4965AGN

Aircard: CDMA 1xEV-DO

Extras: Express Card, SD, Sony Memory Stick Pro, Fingerprint scanner, Firewire 400, Bluetooth, Webcam

Im not too worried about every little accessory working but is this a lost cause? what things can i expect to work and not work? Also i currently get just over 6 hours battery life with screen on full brightness and wireless card left on, is this likely to drop or go up?

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance as this is a new experiment for me but i think OSX would be a beautiful thing on this machine.

• 1 year later...

hi,

i have installed 10.6.2 on TZ11MN

u only have fingerprint more than i ...

after a week of testings only thing that its not working its webcam motion eye because this type of webcam needs to preload its firmware first in order to function... (if it were to have vmware with xp to start webcam then close vmware and cam it should work normal in any app)

sleep also does not work