Going back to a previous ATV version (like 2.1)

slapinheimer

2 posts in this topic

Today I updated my Apple TV to version 2.3 which unfortunately screwed up my ATV Flash and ATVusb-Creator hacks. The hacks haven't gotten the bugs worked out yet so I need to rollback to where I was before the problems occurred.

Does anybody know if there is a way to rollback to a previous version of the ATV firmware? Some of the hacks seem to be having a few compatibility problems with Version 2.3. I would like to take my ATV back to 2.1 from 2.3 or to do a factory reset and update from 2.02 to 2.1 and not beyond that...yet.

Is there a simple way of doing this? Can I use the ATVFlash "Smart Installer" by uploading 2Z694-5485-1.dmg (found at http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-5044. ... 5485-1.dmg) into the Documents directory? I have the ability to SSH into the ATV so I was also wondering if there is there a way to launch the 2Z694-5485-1.dmg (ver 2.1) firmware file from command line? I have tried to do some research on this topic but have not had much luck. If anyone has any suggestions, directions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Slap