Modem 3G does not get start

designermx2

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Sony MD300 and all the time that i'm surfing on the net... I need use the software of 3rd part.

But on the network preferences, show the modem... if the software is not started, I cant use connection of the system.

I'd Like a script to initialize the modem to connect the net without the software (because this just working on the notebook... but not on the pc) and is one more program to use memory.

The new ubuntu can do this.... is possible make the same on the osx?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

I have a Sony MD300 and all the time that i'm surfing on the net... I need use the software of 3rd part.

But on the network preferences, show the modem... if the software is not started, I cant use connection of the system.

I'd Like a script to initialize the modem to connect the net without the software (because this just working on the notebook... but not on the pc) and is one more program to use memory.

The new ubuntu can do this.... is possible make the same on the osx?

Sorry i am a little late!

You could just backup the modem kexts at S/L/E to your desktop, then unistall modem. Now you install those kext you've done backup and plug modem (the network pannel of System Preferences should recognize your modem at this time, so you can just put the network operator information for correctlly dial). It works for me on a ZTE 3G Modem, so may work out for you too.