iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on Asus A8V Deluxe and Athlon 62 X2 problems booting

ddcarnage

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to get iDeneb 1.3 1.5.5 working on an Asus A8V Deluxe. Full specs are here : http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmen...;l3=68&l4=0

I have an Athlon 64 X2, an ATI 9600Pro AGP and I'm using an IDE hdd. I've unplugged all my other hard drives to make sure nothing interferces. I also have a Creative Audigy soundcard.

I've beeing searching a lot on the web and fixed a couple of problems. The furthest I've gotten is by using the Kernel 9.4.0 StageXNU with the AMD patch and VIA-SB chipset.

I also had the

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpicomponents

error that I fixed by going in the terminal and doing

rm -rf /Volumes/YourOSXDrive/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Also seems I have to do cpus=1 because I have an Asus board.

So, now by booting with "cpus=1 -x -v", I'm getting an error and I've attached a picture of my monitor and I'm not quite sure what to try now...

post-317884-1226296557_thumb.jpg

Any help greatly apreciated. Thanks ;)

Frank

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have the same motherboard as 'ddcarnage' but my CPU is an AMD64 3000+.

ddcarnage, can you post your steps to get iDeneb almost running on your system?

I have installed iDeneb v1.3 successfuly, but the boot proccess doesn't go on, it stops at "boot1: error".

So I use iDeneb install dvd to boot the installed system, but the kernel version from dvd differs from installed one, so the device drivers can't be loaded.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

ps: I ca n help to write an HOWTO for this motherboard if we manage to install sucessful.

ps: I have already installed an older version of Mac OSX for x86, so I believe that is possible to get iDeneb running on this machine.

hello everybody

on my a8v deluxe i installed ideneb 1,3 successfully!!!!

everything works OOTB also firewire and audio.

it is true!!!!!!!

i can help you but i don't know exactly what i did to do this.

so if you want, please tell me where i can find a list of installed drivers that i can send you as a text file.

best regards men!!!!!!!

Same here my A8V deluxe works great with IDE discs I have not tried SATA . It will not work with 9800pro if you select any video patches. just don't select anything it will work but you will be limited to 1024x768.

when customizing select Kernel 9.4.0 StageXNU, amd patch, VIA-SB chipset, both marvel and Yukon Ethernet, ac97 audio, remember unless you have a supported graphics card don't select any graphics patches.

That should do it.

One thing before I installed i used Fdisk to delete all partitions on the disk and then create a primary active partition

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have installed iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on my computer with an Asus A8V Deluxe mainboard. Everything worked more or less out of the box, I just have problems booting in USB Legacy mode.

Hi,

I am trying install iDeneb 1.4(10.5.6) on the same motherboard A8V DELUXE AMD X2 64 3800+.

HDD SATA 80G.

And installation hangs at the first screen. Grey screen with apple on it.

Could you describe exactly your machine configuration and BIOS settings.

Thanks.