KP when using custom table from plist

asstastic

5 posts in this topic

Using the kext with frequency autodetect works fine for me but I would like to be able to undervolt my cpu as well. I tried editing the plist table using the frequencies that came from sysctl kern.cputhrottle_freqs and matched them with the voltage settings I use in RMClock in Windows however every boot gives a KP as soon as the kext is loaded. I'm thinking perhaps I'm using bad voltages but I have no way of checking which ones are valid. Perhaps there is a similar sysctl command to check which voltages I can use. My machine is using a Core 2 Duo Merom T7400 @ 2.16GHz

Using the kext with frequency autodetect works fine for me but I would like to be able to undervolt my cpu as well. I tried editing the plist table using the frequencies that came from sysctl kern.cputhrottle_freqs and matched them with the voltage settings I use in RMClock in Windows however every boot gives a KP as soon as the kext is loaded. I'm thinking perhaps I'm using bad voltages but I have no way of checking which ones are valid. Perhaps there is a similar sysctl command to check which voltages I can use. My machine is using a Core 2 Duo Merom T7400 @ 2.16GHz

Please post your Info.plist

It is likely that it's malformed.

You can check the factory default voltages by typing sysctl kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts (while not using custom pstates of course). Values are in mV. You should be able to undervolt a pentium M class cpu by ~200 mV and a core2duo by about 150 mV without problems.

Please post your Info.plist

It is likely that it's malformed.

You can check the factory default voltages by typing sysctl kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts (while not using custom pstates of course). Values are in mV. You should be able to undervolt a pentium M class cpu by ~200 mV and a core2duo by about 150 mV without problems.

here are the relevant parts of the plist, as I stated earlier, the voltages work fine in windows when undervoting with RMClock

<key>PStateTable</key>
		 <array>
			 <array>
				 <integer>2167</integer>
				 <integer>1000</integer>
			 </array>
			 <array>
				 <integer>1667</integer>
				 <integer>985</integer>
			 </array>
			 <array>
				 <integer>1333</integer>