Help me on Quad boot

2 posts in this topic

Installation help needed with Quad boot

Hi,

I have a system with ubuntu, vista and xp installed, and recently transferred it to a bigger HDD. I left about 30 GB to install OS X later. The free space is at the end of the drive

My system boots with grub and then grub takes me to either ubuntu or the windows bootloader. Now how do I install OS X without botching up my bootloading. I'd be best if I could use GRUB for loading OS X.

On another note, is there any way to install OS X without a DVD Rom? I have this nasty habit of throwing out technology before its dead, I got rid of floppies much before many of my mates did, and now with all the pen drive space available and with almost everything available in the internet, I dont have a DVD Rom. I might borrow one only to install OS X, but a way to install it without that would be a good experiment for me:)

Cheers.

My system boots with grub and then grub takes me to either ubuntu or the windows bootloader. Now how do I install OS X without botching up my bootloading. I'd be best if I could use GRUB for loading OS X.
of course, you just save your grub.list... Then install osx86, then boot with your supergrubdisk (http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org/) to restore grub, boot into ubuntu add the lines for osx86...

On another note, is there any way to install OS X without a DVD Rom? I have this nasty habit of throwing out technology before its dead, I got rid of floppies much before many of my mates did, and now with all the pen drive space available and with almost everything available in the internet, I dont have a DVD Rom. I might borrow one only to install OS X, but a way to install it without that would be a good experiment for me:)

Sorry I don't think it exists... except if you can find an image