USB Keyboard/Mouse Suddenly Stop Working?

scooty

2 posts in this topic

Hey all:

I recently had to restart my Hackintosh (specs in sig) when it froze with a spinning beach ball. When I restarted, my keyboard and mouse decided they didn't want to work! Apparently they both shut off during bootup (right after the boot option prompt, when it goes to the Apple screen.) If I use safe mode (-x) then they will both work, but I'd like to get it working in regular mode. I unplugged all other USB devices to see if anything else was causing problems...no luck! I haven't tested a PS/2 keyboard/mouse as I don't have one available at the moment. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks!

scoot

Hey all:

I recently had to restart my Hackintosh (specs in sig) when it froze with a spinning beach ball. When I restarted, my keyboard and mouse decided they didn't want to work! Apparently they both shut off during bootup (right after the boot option prompt, when it goes to the Apple screen.) If I use safe mode (-x) then they will both work, but I'd like to get it working in regular mode. I unplugged all other USB devices to see if anything else was causing problems...no luck! I haven't tested a PS/2 keyboard/mouse as I don't have one available at the moment. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Thanks!

scoot

i had this problem once. i simply let it boot then reconnected the keyboard and mouse. that fixed it:)