Does this mean my pc cant run lepord? It dosent want to use my OS X disk that came with iMac.

KTK1990

1 post in this topic

I tried to install OS X a few minutes ago on my Dell Dimension and I put the cd in the drive, restarted the pc. Pressed F12 and selected the Boot from CD drive option. The screen went black, then saw something that looked like ">_" and then it flashed black again and went and loaded Windows.

The boot order was.

I think Removeable Drive

Hard Drive

CD/DVD

Is there any way to get it to read the cd? I dont really want to download something like Kalaway if I already have something that would work sitting next to me, but I will do it if I need it to run OS X.

Btw, the cd I used was. Install Disk 1. In a little white box with the words "everything else" written on it. It came with my 2008 3.06Ghz iMac.

Sorry if its a stupid question. This is my first try at putting OS X on a pc. I did a few google searches and didnt get any helpful results.

(Edit. Here is a Link to my earlier post. The attachment has the pc info. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133949 )

Edit2: I found a guide showing How to install using iDeneb 10 5 5. I will try and use that.