Install Leopard on G4

telovoy

3 posts in this topic

Hi..

Noob here.

I have been googling and trying different things but no luck.

I have the original leopard installation dvds that came with my Macbook and trying to install them in a G4 laptop.

I get a message that tells me i cant do that.

I also downloaded a torrent of leopard, and burned it to a double layer DVD but this G4 machine does not read the disk. It reads DVDs but seems like

it wont read double layer ones.. i don't know why.

I also tried starting my macbook in firewire mode and use its DVD as an "external" drive on the G4 but no luck either. I can make the double layer dvd work

this way on the G4 but there are errors right at the beginning.

Is there a way to patch an image of the original DVDs so i can install it on the G4? And what would be the easiest way to boot from firewire on the G4? Because the only way i could see the macbook via firewire on the G4 was by using disk utility after booting the DVD, then telling it to boot from the macbook on the next boot.

Thanks

The DVDs that came with your MacBook are spacific to that machine. When you try to boot it on the G4, the installer checks the machine specs and discovers that the G4 is not the machine the DVD was cut for and aborts with a message indicating that it cannot install on that Mac.