nforce 630i

2fast4all

4 posts in this topic

Hi, im trying to install ideneb 10.5.4 on my quad core system but can never get to a setup screen. I have tried cpus=1 maxmem=3072, 2048, and 4096 -v, -v -x, i have enabled the other options in the bios enable SATA (eventhough im using a IDE HDD at the moment). My DVD burner is also IDE. Here is a screenshot of what I get after booting with those commands. http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08444/pg4_0021860.jpg. Some help would be nice. :unsure:

My hardware:

q6600 2.4ghz stock

OCZ DDR2 4GB 2x2gb

ECS 7100/7050PVT-M3 with nforce 630i chipset

radeon hd 3870

80gb IDE HDD maxtor (temp hdd atm)

500W cooler master PSU

Hey mate. Good luck getting it up and running - I've just got my nForce 680i going and it's great!

Verdant helped me over here in his Pre-series 7 nForce thread, so I recommend you post there. Have a look through too, there's a lot of information that might help you out also!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

So its been a while, I set this project aside for a bit. Ive never got osx to run on my quad core system, so now Ive installed it on a spare system. Installed fine, no problems but after the installation Ive rebooted, it shows the boot loader and its goes into a infinite reboot. Does anyone know how to fix it? I really don't want to install again, takes a lot long than windows.......

specs:

P4 2.4ghz no HT

2gb ram ddr

asus p4800d-x mobo

80gb hdd

geforce 4mx

^surprisingly it works on 6 year old hardware and not current stuff that I have ;)

thanks

• 2 months later...

i have the same mainboard. CPU is a E1400 dual core celeron with 2ghz. got it running with iAtkos_5i, but only with one core active. i am using the onboard geforce and it works great out of the box (even though installation took over 2,5 hours). the only thing i had to install was the kext for sound (which can be found here).

After setting AHCI in the bios even the Sata drives were mounted (all 4 running nicely in a software raid 5)

good luck with you system!

hondosan