iDeneb 10.5.5 AC97 Audio

dddragon2

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to get audio working correctly on my iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 install on my machine. I am using an A8N-E Asus motherboard with on-board AC97 audio. It is running an AMD 4200+ CPU. It is a Nforce chipset and the VenID: 10DE and DevID:0059 . During the leopard installation, I made sure to check the box to install AC97 Audio drivers. My Leopard install shows the audio device "AC97 Audio (PCM)" within the audio preferences under Output device but there is no audio out of my speakers. Also when I go to the system profiler under Audio it says No Built-in Audio. Not sure what steps I need to take next to get this to work.

Thanks

Having the same issues here with iDeneb 1.3 (OS X 10.5.5) on an Asus K8NSE-Deluxe. Tried with a 10.4.8 (which used to work in 10.4.8) kext and nothing.

Just hoping someone with a little more experience than me has any ideas on what to try.

Guest cavallo
Having the same issues here with iDeneb 1.3 (OS X 10.5.5) on an Asus K8NSE-Deluxe. Tried with a 10.4.8 (which used to work in 10.4.8) kext and nothing.

Just hoping someone with a little more experience than me has any ideas on what to try.

install alc850 realtek kexts

install alc850 realtek kexts

Thanks for the quick response!

Did that, and it didn't help.

Sound is still not working (on any of the output jacks).

I also tried changing the multichannel config in the MIDI Audio Setup (under Applications > Utilities).

I didn't see more than 2 channels, so i can't use the same solution i read in another thread about using channels 3 and 4 in that configuration panels.

It's a real bummer, since an OS without sound means no music, no youtube, no use.

If anyone knows of a solution please post, and i'll try that :P.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, that worked for me too (and indeed, the sound now emanates from the microphone jack) - I'll probably try to keep seeking the absolutely correct driver (one that assigns the sound inputs/outputs to the physical jacks to which I have been accustomed), but right now I'm happy it works at all.

Cheers,

-Jon

• 4 months later...

Solved:

I have a Intel ICH6 AC97 in my Dell Precision 370.

I was able to correct the missing audio through the GREEN connector by following the detailed and concise instructions from Kyklops here on these posts:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25782&st=0

In his post, he also mentions verifying the PCI/Vendor ID in AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext. That is possible if you are not using an Intel chipset. My Dell Precision uses the Intel Chipset w/ ICH6 Audio so I did not need to edit anything but the following:

Quoting from Kyklops:

Below are the changes made to AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext Info.plist:

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleAC97CodecAD198x</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>10000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOAC97CodecDevice</string>

<key>PNPVendorID</key>