Various Settings Resetting Themselves

slyydrr

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I tried searching and had no luck so I'm hoping that I'm not posting a duplicate topic.

I am having a slight issue with my Hackintosh. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and updated to 10.5.5. There are various settings that reset themselves every now and then. For example, this morning, I woke up and fired up the computer, only to find that the Time Machine icon was showing in my menu bar. I have had this icon disabled for a good week now so it really just makes no sense. This has happened with another setting with the program that runs when you plug in a camera/iPhone (if iPhoto isn't installed).

Now, my computer shuts down without a problem every single time... no system hangs, no need to force shutdown.

The only thing I know of to be a problem w/ my install is the DVD drive. It's currently IDE, which causes problems whenever I try to use it as the JMicron drivers suck. The SATA drive is coming on Friday, but either way I don't see how this would cause the problem I'm experiencing so I'm ruling that out unless someone has a good reason as to why I shouldn't.

Anyone have any ideas? Do I have a freak installation?

Thanks!