iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

elv15

2 posts in this topic

Meet my (ancient) box:

MoBo: MSI K8T Neo2-F V2.0

CPU: AMD 64 3500+ (Newcastle, only SSE2)

GPU: MSI NX6600GT-VTD128

Monitor: BenQ FP93G

RAM: 2x512Mb DDR 400Mhz

Hdd: Some 160gb Mactor S-ATA

I have to boot from the DVD with F8 and do "-v", otherwise I end up to a grey screen with an apple and some figure on top of it. With "-v" I get to the installer.

At first I format to Mac OS X extended (journaled).

From customization I choose

• AMD patch
  • AC97 Audio
  • VIA-SB
  • Kernel 9.4.0 Stage XNU
  • AGPGart
  • NvInject 128
  • Kext helper
  • menuMeters
  • OsX86 toos

After first reboot I have to boot with "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" otherwise I end up on a blank screen which has a cursor stuck on it and also a movable cursor that once in a while turns into a beach ball.

So anyways with the "x boot stuff" I get to complete installation and finally end up to the login screen. If it's of any significance it says "Safe Mode" on it. Also OS X informs me that my keyboard isn't maybe detected, but it's and I click key next to red shift and all is fine.

Then things go wrong.

I type in my password. Now I meet mr light blue screen with a movable cursor. That's it. No dock, nothing. Just a light blue screen that I can move a black cursor on. No sounds.. nothing.

I've tried with also the SpeedStep kernel and the out come was the same. I also tried with StageXNU and nvkush (nvidia driver combo), but after first boot "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" just lands me on a screen that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button...."

So, what am I doing wrong?

Any bios settings I should be aware of?

Patches, fixes, etc?

I feel I'm close :(

• 1 month later...
Meet my (ancient) box:

MoBo: MSI K8T Neo2-F V2.0

CPU: AMD 64 3500+ (Newcastle, only SSE2)

GPU: MSI NX6600GT-VTD128

Monitor: BenQ FP93G

RAM: 2x512Mb DDR 400Mhz

Hdd: Some 160gb Mactor S-ATA

I have to boot from the DVD with F8 and do "-v", otherwise I end up to a grey screen with an apple and some figure on top of it. With "-v" I get to the installer.

At first I format to Mac OS X extended (journaled).

From customization I choose

• AMD patch
  • AC97 Audio
  • VIA-SB
  • Kernel 9.4.0 Stage XNU
  • AGPGart
  • NvInject 128
  • Kext helper
  • menuMeters
  • OsX86 toos

After first reboot I have to boot with "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" otherwise I end up on a blank screen which has a cursor stuck on it and also a movable cursor that once in a while turns into a beach ball.

So anyways with the "x boot stuff" I get to complete installation and finally end up to the login screen. If it's of any significance it says "Safe Mode" on it. Also OS X informs me that my keyboard isn't maybe detected, but it's and I click key next to red shift and all is fine.

Then things go wrong.

I type in my password. Now I meet mr light blue screen with a movable cursor. That's it. No dock, nothing. Just a light blue screen that I can move a black cursor on. No sounds.. nothing.

I've tried with also the SpeedStep kernel and the out come was the same. I also tried with StageXNU and nvkush (nvidia driver combo), but after first boot "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" just lands me on a screen that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button...."

So, what am I doing wrong?

Any bios settings I should be aware of?

Patches, fixes, etc?

I feel I'm close :D

I am facing the same problem i.e. after booting into safe mode and setting up the password I hit login and the blue screen with a cursor shows up and that's all.

my pc is:

AMD 2800+ 64bit

MSI NEO-V motherboard

Nvidia GForce FX5200

1 Gb ram

Please help if you have gone any further.