1 post in this topic

Hi there!

Heres the specs on my rig:

ASUS P5GC-MX/1333

Intel C2D E8400 @ 2.6GHz

4GB RAM

Dual 750GB Hard Drives

Here is my LSPCI output for network cards:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: ADMtek NC100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 (rev 11)

01:01.0 Ethernet controller: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21041 [Tulip Pass 3] (rev 21)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L2 100 Mbit Ethernet Adapter (rev a0)

So to the problem then...

Whenever I reboot I am missing all internet connections. I have to open the Network preference pane in System Preferences and then it will detect new interfaces BUT under different names. So for example id like to have the fastest network card be en0, next en1 so on so forth.

Also because of this issue iTunes wont authorize any purchases even though I have done so already. It gives me error code -50 which means that there is a issue with the network cards and/or something in between the iTunes and the net. I can only fix this by removing all interfaces, rebooting and then iTunes will work only until the next reboot.

Finally this was oringinally a client install but I added on the Server Packages later. Server Admin has now ceased to function because it cannot contact the backend processes through the preset interfaces.

If anyone has any insight into my issues that would be great since I am really going crazy with the networking issues.

Thanks Again!

Robbie Trencheny

www.robbiet.us