Installing on Ubuntu Machine

benrothwell

2 posts in this topic

My PC is already installed with Ubuntu, but on a spare partition, I would like to install OS X. I have in the past had 10.4 running (its an ASUS P5LD2-V board) so I dont forsee any major problems with installing Leopard, but I want to know how I can make sure my Ubuntu install is still accessible - i.e. not overwrite Grub.

Secondly, is there any way to install from a pen drive - as I dont have any DVDs handy....

My PC is already installed with Ubuntu, but on a spare partition, I would like to install OS X. I have in the past had 10.4 running (its an ASUS P5LD2-V board) so I dont forsee any major problems with installing Leopard, but I want to know how I can make sure my Ubuntu install is still accessible - i.e. not overwrite Grub.

Secondly, is there any way to install from a pen drive - as I dont have any DVDs handy....

as I recall you can install OSX86 and then boot into Ubuntu with the live CD and edit the grub/menu.lst (sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst) - to include your OSX partition - Google grub/menu.lst for more info . Sorry if this a bit vague but it's all I can remember. Good luck.