rough OSX86 project

djgizmo

2 posts in this topic

Ok, let me preface this that I've searched and searched for answers, yet I haven't been able to solve some of my problems.

Now that preface is done, the REASON for my project is to run Logic Studio on my equipment. I am attending an audio school which is pro mac etc and I need logic at home without spending $1700+$500 for Logic on an imac. Yes, I did purchase a license for both Logic and Leopard before starting this project as I wanted to be as legit as OSX86 possible.

First my hardware:

Abit IP35 (plain, non pro, non -E... basically the same as a -E except it has ICH9R like the pro)

Intel q6600 @ 3.0Ghz

4GB of Mushkin DDR800 Ram

PS2 Keyboard / USB Mouse

5 Hardrives (2x 640gb for Raid 0 for my XP Install, 1x80GB for OSX, 2 other harddrives for data storage)

2 DVD Drives on IDE on jmicron

Things I've tried and learned...

I am ONLY able to successfully install Kalyway's 10.5.2 w/ the jmicron patch. All other installs finish install but will not boot. Currently, everytime I try to patch the kernal using preset kernal patches, I am unable to boot even in -v -x mode. Which makes me revert back to installing OSX from scratch. Even if I try iDenab 10.5.5 I cannot boot into OSX (get the 0 with the slash through it)

I have been able to install chain0 and it does detect my OSX partition.

Question #1 - Does anyone have OSX drivers for ICHR9 Raid? I'd like to install OSX on a partition on my raid. Reason: a partition on my raid would boot up faster and have plenty of space.

Issue #1 - no usb drives seems to be detected when attached. (however my mouse works, go figure), what are some ideas I can try? This is my top issue as I can not get time machine to work without it.

Issue #2 - I am unable to consistantly boot into OSX. I'd say I have to reboot about 5 times before OSX will start to boot. Most of the time it'll just hang at the gray apple screen with no moving cursor / pinwheel.

Has anyone has such problems before? I feel like I'm hitting such a brick wall with these things it's nearly impossible to troublshoot.

Please help if you can

Issue #1 - no usb drives seems to be detected when attached. (however my mouse works, go figure), what are some ideas I can try? This is my top issue as I can not get time machine to work without it.

This is usually caused by a version mismatch between the kernel and the system.kext file.