Need Help with ATI HD3650 in 10.5.5 (fuzzy screen)

PatrickMac

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

I really need help. I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 vanilla kernel and everything works great but my graphic card (Asus HD 3650 Silent). Although Mac OS identifies the card correctly, the screen looks fuzzy. For instance some letters seem to be blurred, in a double "l" one "l" looks bigger than the other! I attached a picture where you can see the blurred letters in the system profiler, especially the "off" behind "Mirror" looks blurred!

I tried already different drivers, but none seems to work. It would be really great if someone had an answer to that problem.

Thanks!

Profile.tiff

Are you using the same digital connection with both computers?

BTW, I just tried the settings I suggested you and noted that System profiler ignores them, but Safari and iTunes (among others) apply them.

EDIT: I just remembered how my 3850 video output on the same screen looked less sharp than my brother's MacBook. That's because the hackintoshes' prototype drivers don't set the right horizontal refreshing speed, so image looks a bit blurrier. I guess you have to learn to live with this until there is no official support from Apple. The coders here already did an extraordinary job in making these cards work almost flawlessly, there's nothing more they can do :) (and by all means this issue is really secondary!)

:) I know it's secondary! I was just wondering if I did something really dumb or if the driver wasn't the right one.

But thanks for your help!!! I really appreciate it!

Do you happen to know any graphic cards that are supported out of the box and function as in a "real" Mac Pro?

So, that they don't have that problem?