Intel 945GC Express chipset: installed fine, then failed

NateD

3 posts in this topic

This is my first time trying to get OSX86 going, but I'm a software engineer and I have read a lot about doing it. I think I have gotten as far as I can go without asking for help.

I installed iDeneb 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5. I got through the install just fine, but upon restart to boot off the HDD I get "still waiting for root device". My IDE HDD is master and IDE DVD drive is slave on the same channel. I have tried many different bios settings and boot flags (eg "rd=disk0s2") but no luck.

One thing that is wierd is I get "system boot failure, insert disk" if the DVD drive is not connected, even though the bios is set to only boot from the HDD. Only when the DVD is connected (even if the DVD drive is empty) then I can attempt to boot off of the HDD.

My best guess at this point is that the problem is that I need chipset drivers. My mobo is a Foxconn 45CMV which has an Intel 945GC Express chipset. Does iDeneb 1.3 come with what I need? Should I try a different distro? BTW, I never did anything special during installation regarding kext files. Please advise if I should.

The easy way out would be to say that my hardware is not supported and I should just move on. However, I have found my chipset listed in a few HCLs so I think it is possible. Eg:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.0

Thanks for your help!

I installed again and figured out I had missed the Customize button. ;) Can't believe I missed that the first time. I chose the kext that seemed right for my install. No more "waiting for root device"! Yay! Th next error I got was the AppleIntelPCPowerManagement.kext panic which I got passed by deleting it. I now get endless crash reports when I boot from the HDD. Here is a screenpic of the crash report file:

osx86.jpg

Is there any clue in there as to what the problem is?