Black Screen after installation

TB2

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've installed OSX86 with iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 and the installation went well, I got the green circle with the checkmark. After the reboot, darvin loads up and there's the white apple logo for some time. After a while the screen turns blue-ish for half a second and then black. It stays black and I can only hard-reset the machine. I also tried booting with -v and it says that it has chosen the GMA950 graphics driver which is fine; That's the one I have and that's the driver I checked in "costumize" before installing iDeneb.

The machine's a Dell Inspiron 630m, Intel c2d, Intel 945 chipset, GMA950 graphics, intel HDA sound and intel LAN. I installed OSX about one year ago on this machine (I think it was 10.4.8) and that went perfectly fine, so I can't figure out what's wrong with this.

Any help?

... threads really scroll by fast in here.

Today I tried hooking up an external CRT but it's exactly the same with that. Though I can switch between the lap top screen and the CRT using the lap tops hotkey for that, and after the CRT goes black after the boot process, I can switch back to the lap top screen and then it's not black anymore but obviously messed up. It's 1/4 black on the left side and full of black/white stripes 3/4 of the screen on the right...

As I said, it's a GMA950 and I installed that drive upon installation. I also reinstalled today. The lap top native resolution is 1440x900 but it can handle all the standard resolutions in linux. Also, how can I boot OSX into a shell? And aren't there TTYs I could switch to? ctrl-alt-f1 won't work in any case :P

Doesn't any have a possible solution?