EFI-x No sound with soundsticks

Lukepools

3 posts in this topic

My sound sticks worked with my hack version, but not with this real-version. What am I missing? They are listed in the system preferences. The audio comes in for a sec and then fizzles out and is silent.

I have 10.5.5 on a mac pro 3,1. I have the USB soundsticks plugged in the usb port on the back of the computer. The sound doesnt work. It cuts in and out, its more out than in if you understand. The soundsticks selection in the preferences pane is enabled, but no sound.

This is my error message I get in console:

kernel WARNING: AppleUSBAudio has detected that clock_get_uptime () value changed radically from previous values

Console gives me this:

kernel WARNING: AppleUSBAudio has detected that clock_get_uptime () value changed radically from previous values

I did some research including installing the software again from the retail disk 10.5.1. The USB sound works right out of the box with 10.5.1. Once you install 10.5.2 the sound quits working. So something is missing from one version to the next. How do I figure this out?

• 4 weeks later...
I did some research including installing the software again from the retail disk 10.5.1. The USB sound works right out of the box with 10.5.1. Once you install 10.5.2 the sound quits working. So something is missing from one version to the next. How do I figure this out?

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?