Network Issues

samsungr700

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this but have just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto an External HD to use on my laptop. I encountered a few little hiccups but got it installed in the end.

First problem was Install kept failing something about AddressBook, reburnt the DVD at 3x instead of 8x fixed that.

Next problem USB drive wouldn't boot, solved by going to options when setting the partition and choosing the bottom MBR option.

Next problem welcome video kept looping after asking a couple of questions, used a trick on here to create the AppleSetupDone file.

So I'm all up and running now but I have no network possibilities at the moment, how do I go about sorting this? I also lack video drivers as I didn't install them at the time - just downloaded NVinstaller v52 in the hope that it sorts it out.

Can't find anything I understand about installing network Drivers.

My LAN Card is a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 but I don't normally use that.

Ideally I could do with using the wireless which is an Intel PRO Wireless 3945BG

The Machine is a Samsung R700 Laptop, with a core 2 duo T8100 2.1Ghz Processor, 3GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 256MB.

Sound is working fine, touchpad works fine, keyboard works fine, USB works fine, Video is OK but only 1024x768

Any help would be greatly appreciated