iDeneb boot loop

Baji

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been trying to hold off on posting this, but after hours of fiddling, I can't find a solution. So, I'm looking for some ideas. Here is the situation.

I have a brand new HP DV7-1135nr laptop. I am dual booting between Vista home premium 64 bit and leopard 10.5.5.

I've downloaded a copy of iDeneb 10.5.5. Previously I have used kalyway 10.5.2 on other systems. Kalyway wouldnt load on my new laptop, so I downloaded the newer ideneb.

I installed it a couple of times with no issues. I had to install 3 times in order to get all the right options selected. Anyway, third time was almost perfect. I started adjusting some settings. I turned the Quartz GL on in efi settings. When I restarted the sytem, I got a blank blue screen. I deleted the partition with ideneb on it. I then created a new partition for osx to install on.

When I try to reinstall now, I am able to boot the dvd and load the white screen with the apple logo in the middle, and a circular spinning icon. This will remain for a few minutes and then the system will reboot and i will be back at ground xero.

I have tried every boot flag I can think of, and thus far nothing at all is working. - F, -v, -x, -s, etc.

I have satisfied myself that most likely I will need to do a full wipe on the drive and reinstall both osx and vista. But, before I do that, I wanted to post this and see if anyone had any suggestions.

After hours of trying different things that failed, I tried something simple. Two things actually. First, I limited my HD to two partitions (previously it had been 3) and I re-burned the image to disc, at the slowest possible setting, and voila; it worked. I 'd imagine that the first thing was what solved the problem, but I can't say for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this topic didnt die already,

but I just bought one of those laptops today, the HP.

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 + Patch on a Toshiba dual booting with Vista 32 bit.

It was tricky, and even with almost a step for step guide there were issues.

But in the end, flawless.

Anyway, im curious if you wouldnt mind posting the procedure and which versions of what

you used to install. Plus any issues with the ATi 3200? Wasent able to find anything off

my quick search.

ANY information is appreciated, THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I resolved the issue with some tinkering, thanks for all the insightful responses :D

case closed!

Hi Baji,

I also have a dv7-1135nr and I also am trying to run iDeneb 10.5.5. Can you tell me the settings you used to get it working? I get as far as the Migration screen and then it jumps back to the Welcome screen. Its a never ending loop. I have tried various settings and still can't get past the Migration screen. So far, I can only get OS X working from within a VM. I've had no luck with Kalyway or iDeneb on my dv7. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

------------

System: HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr

Proc: AMD Turion X2 64 RM-70(ACPI x64-based), ATI M780G Chipset

Video: ATI Radeon HD 3200(V1002,D9612)

Audio: IDT HD Audio(V111D,D76B2)

Network: Realtek RTL8101(V10EC,D8136), Atheros AR5007(V168C,D001C)

Modem: Agere HDA Modem(V11C1,D1040)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the DV7-1135nr, and sucessfully installed both iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 and iPC 10.5.6 Universal PPF5. Unfortunately, the laptop uses both the ATI Radeon HD 3200 and the Atheros AR5007 WiFi card which are not supported.

The resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I can get it to 1152x870 by specifying it at boot, but I cannot get the native 1400x900 resolution. The AR5007 shows up as ON, but refuses to find or connect to any networks (timeout).

After hours of searching for a solution to both, I've just about lost hope on getting it fully working. I left the partition there just in case, but I'm not holding my breath.

It would be awesome if someone replied to this, I have not yet made the leap to OSX my dv7, id like to wait until i have a for sure way of how to get it going. Ill paypal someone if i have to? but any tips would be great.

Thanks

• 4 months later...