My AMD Setup

2 posts in this topic

Ok guys, its been a long time since I've done this, but this time I hoping I have a rig that will work.

Anyone have these specs and running mac?

System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group

System Model: GF8200 M2+

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Audio: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)

Do this:

Check the 10.5.2 HCL.

Look for your motherboard type. If the exact mobo model you have isn't on the list, you can try to install OSX based on any model of board that's closest to your exact mobo model.

Now here's the part where you do what 99.999% of people don't, and actually GIVE SOMETHING BACK:

If you DO get your system to work, or even if you don't, don't just say "That's that! Glad people helped me, screw the next guy." ADD YOUR BOARD TO THE WIKI yourself, and what worked or didn't work. Then that board is no longer a mystery.

The next person who happens along with the same motherboard type can see what works for that system, and not have to just guess what to try, or post the billionth "WILL THIS WORK?" thread.

If more people actually did the last step these days, building Hackintoshes with a much wider range of hardware that actually is compatible would be a lot easier, and a lot less of a guessing game.

Just my 2 cents.

Also feel free to do what many others do, ignore the above, never even bother to post a "I got it working" or "I didn't get it working" answer so no one else benefits from anything you may figure out. That seems to be the spirit! :)