3Com 905TX

Bradky

15 posts in this topic

I put this PCI card in because I have the Realtek onboard that doesn't currently have support on 10.5 I supposly got a ionetworkingfamily.kext file from 10.4.3 which I heard is what I need but now when I go to network in system preferences it freezes??

Got the tool installed it but have no clue what to do with it. Is there anyway I can get the old IONetworkingfamily off my cd? Because the one I put in there is screwing with everything.

Thanks

Ok Thanks I think that may work but I need to get the old ionetworkingfamily.kext back do you know how to get that back from my dvd?

Looks like its trying to do something here but very slowly its going on 2 minutes of still booting from the apple screen to blue screen now no cursor yet though do you think reinstalling with the PCI card in if it'll pick it up then? Because right now my USB is messing up my keyboard is becoming non responsive ever since I started messing with the kext files. I think I broke it :)

Yep I think im gonna have to reinstall its hung on the blue screen no cursor or nothing woopsie GRRR :(

wait there it is very slowly

Ok got the 3com kext in there lets reboot see what we get

Welp end of the road Nick ... the power button screen of death. Looks like I might be reinstalling good thing it only takes about 25 minutes

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. And your doing very well for a 15 year old :)

APPLE3COM3C90X: MAPHARDWAREREGISTERS FAILED

APPLE3COM3C90XB: MAP HARDWAREREGISTERS FAILED

I get this when trying to reinstall grrr

oh... well this is 10.5.2 im reinstalling now .. with all the network drivers to I have a realtek card to and im gonna try it as my last resort

Thanks