iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 XFX 680i Help!

nz_mitch

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Trying to get iDeneb 10.5.5 up and running and hitting the "cannot find root device" error.

I've patched the DVD (with the nForce patch) and checked the MD5 checksum and it was perfect - so seems to be OK there. Anyhow, here's my specs before I go any further:

• Intel E8200
  • XFX 680i nForce mobo
  • Seagate SATA HDD
  • Pioneer SATA DVD
  • 2x XFX Geforce 9600GTs in SLi
  • 2x 1 GB Corsair RAM

When I try and install with -v I get as attached: ultimately the "cannot find root device" error.

I have tried using an IDE DVD drive which leads to the same problem. Next I tried removing the SATA DVD and HDD and using only an IDE DVD and HDD and I was, after a bit of tinkering in disk manager, to get OSX to install however when I came back (after the install, I guess it had rebooted) it was on the grey screen with the cross-symbol on it. I rebooted with -v and ultimately ended up with "cannot find root device" again.

If you need any more information please let me know - otherwise any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

post-304855-1224661944_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Trying to get iDeneb 10.5.5 up and running and hitting the "cannot find root device" error.

I've patched the DVD (with the nForce patch) and checked the MD5 checksum and it was perfect - so seems to be OK there. Anyhow, here's my specs before I go any further:

• Intel E8200
  • XFX 680i nForce mobo
  • Seagate SATA HDD
  • Pioneer SATA DVD
  • 2x XFX Geforce 9600GTs in SLi
  • 2x 1 GB Corsair RAM

When I try and install with -v I get as attached: ultimately the "cannot find root device" error.

I have tried using an IDE DVD drive which leads to the same problem. Next I tried removing the SATA DVD and HDD and using only an IDE DVD and HDD and I was, after a bit of tinkering in disk manager, to get OSX to install however when I came back (after the install, I guess it had rebooted) it was on the grey screen with the cross-symbol on it. I rebooted with -v and ultimately ended up with "cannot find root device" again.

If you need any more information please let me know - otherwise any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

BTW you will not be able to run OSX with 2 x XFX Geforce 9600GTs (whether in SLI mode or not).......you need to remove one of them.

What other distro DVDs do you have that you can try.....?

I will endeavour to help you via my Pre-Series 7 NForce chipset + Intel CPU MOBO thread/topic...... :)